DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    dragster weight on front wheels ,hard tail..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dragster weight on front wheels ,hard tail..
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yeah, Top38 and Curly 1..those are the realistic answers, experiment is the only way.. cause every scenario is going to be different..Rose and I were fortunate to get access to a nice Proform scale set..We weighed the car in 5 different scenarios..The results really surprised us.. I am digesting them and will post if anyone is still interested..

Posts: 18 | Location: gorham  | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Interested to hear!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STEVE LUCE:
yeah, Top38 and Curly 1..those are the realistic answers, experiment is the only way.. cause every scenario is going to be different..Rose and I were fortunate to get access to a nice Proform scale set..We weighed the car in 5 different scenarios..The results really surprised us.. I am digesting them and will post if anyone is still interested..

I am interested, I am here to learn and help others learn.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK Bucky and Curly 1..here is what Rose and I found..Suncoast 96 hardtail, 215 wheel base, Iron block, nothin special here..Batteries are 2 red tops 72" behind the front axle c/line..empty weight, 1695#..weight on front wheels,472# equals 27.8% weight on front wheels..weight with driver and 2 batteries= total weight 1885#, front weight= 552 #, and 29.2% on front wheels..weight with driver and one bat. total= 1842..front weight=521# which =28.2%...weight with driver and no batteries= 1800, on front wheels is 490# and 27.1%.. now take out the 27# lead ballast out of the nose, no batteries, and driver in car..total weight 1773#, = 461# on front wheels and 25.9% of weight on front wheels..ok I am going to post this before I lose it and go from there..

Posts: 18 | Location: gorham  | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
seems to me, i can take out 112# out of the car and add 2, 8# lithium ion 16 volt batteries... step up a little more performance and upgrade to 16 volts..which makes everything else work better that is electrical.. at a cost of 1600.00 American dollars = 16 dollars per pound..that is like a black friday firesale deal, considering the rule of thumb is 100 bucks a pound ..ha, not on my pension checks..now if I can only sell the wife on this??!!