New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gear Lube?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What are you guys using? 9" Pro gear 40 spline spool. Mid 9 quarter mile.

Posts: 181 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mobil 1 75w-90 for about 30 years and Lucas 75w-90 synthetic since 2019.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
2 qts of synthetic....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your responses.
Ed are you using Lucas Synthetic now in both your cars?

What kind of gear life are you guys getting?

Posts: 181 | Location: Bellingham, Washington | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yes

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
amsoil for me

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Eaton 80W 140 full synthetic.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
JR, where are you getting your Amsoil products? Can't find it in the Kilgore, Longview area.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
75W-90 Mobil 1 for me. Of course, I don't make the sort of power most folks here do. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Amsoil Blue Shock proof,Hopefully good.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Owens:
What kind of gear life are you guys getting?

Sent both my MW Pro Stock aluminum 3rd members back to Mark Williams for new gears/rebuild at the end of the 2019 season. They told me the gears looked almost new and in fact sent me the gears back for spares and all I’ve ever run is 2 quarts of Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic gear oil up to that point and both units had over 700 passes on them. Now 3 years later, using Lucas 75w-90 synthetic gear lube, I imagine both 3rd members have in the 600 run range.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I was told not to run synthetic by moser. I run Lucas non syn 75-140.

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
JR, where are you getting your Amsoil products? Can't find it in the Kilgore, Longview area.

I can order it myself

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Been using synthetic 75/90 valvoline in my ride for many years about any name lube works its only a 1/4 mile geez!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 396 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Someone asked this question on another board and Mark Williams replied that they recommend non synthetic oil.https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads/what-gear-lube-are-you-using.2679410/#post-73817706

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I just go to Walmart and get 2 quarts of Valvoline 80/90.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Schaeffers 75x-90 GL5 gear lube.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Redline Shock Proof synthetic. Never had a failure. High 7 second roadster.

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I've been using Lucas 75W-90 Synthetic for years. I also was recently given the advise by a well respected manufacturer not to use synthetic. Lucas has worked well for me, I'm just going to stick with it. Thank you for your responses.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
There is no good reason not to use synthetic gear oil.