DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dragster IC ??? UPDATE
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dragster IC ??? UPDATE
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i apologize to all ,just got up on left side of bed, and thanks for praises from all

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
^And with that one comment you just proved me right.

Ment for sc not you rusty

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
chrisy's, new user name...little tool man. Uncontrollable Laugh

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i will add another comment to the op, tires don't have to be the wrongs ones just bad or wrong air,shocks the same way.many cars go down tracks without a wing and on some tracks it just doesn't matter when the track is the problem.also those chassis are stiff up front (if i remember correct)which means things have to be right,all things.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i will add another comment to the op, tires don't have to be the wrongs ones just bad or wrong air,shocks the same way.many cars go down tracks without a wing and on some tracks it just doesn't matter when the track is the problem.also those chassis are stiff up front (if i remember correct)which means things have to be right,all things.
Yes pretty stiff up front the bottom rail is pre-arched maybe 1.5" in the center of the car.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
chrisy's, new user name...little tool man. Uncontrollable Laugh

Don't tell everyone till you at least get a good sniff of it, at that point you can see the whole "stiff" meat log...

Relaxing

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^little tool man is not only clueless but delusional too. You're Nuts

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
You're Nuts

I would have not chosen that emoji in this case..............

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the pun was intended but I'm not surprised it flew over your head. Laughing very hard

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
the pun was intended but I'm not surprised it flew over your head . Laughing very hard

Don't worry, it didn't.

And neither did the one above.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ed seems to be talking about my nuts...on his chin?

Just poking fun with my nuts swinging...free ballin today just so ya know.

He claims puppet master, I claim big ballin with attached meat log that is legally over length!

Power Tool

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Ed seems to be talking about my nuts...on his chin?

Just poking fun with my nuts swinging...free ballin today just so ya know.

He claims puppet master, I claim big ballin with attached meat log that is legally over length!

Seems kind of like a pattern with the midget. He was going all Spacey on me and asking for pics of my junk. I'm not saying he is g a y. But he knows what a d I c k tastes like

Power Tool

Posts: 185 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Im outta here prob wont be long before rosy odoughnuts and elton john show up. Too many dudes talkin bout wieners!

Good luck pivotdoc.....

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well just an a update to what I found. Most of the heims in the 4 link were locked up/frozen. Some were pretty badly galded, appears my stellar maintainence program those had been in the car 10 seasons, at least 1000 runs. New joints, put Afco shocks back on reset everything and boom right down the track no chatter. So my advice is check your stuff.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Binding is what it’s called and makes sense. I drove a friends car for a while and it sometimes acted like it was rear steering. After looking at it more than once I found the issue. A jamb nut on one lower 4 link bars heim joint was rubbing the 4 link chassis bracket. It was to close to the bracket and wore the heck out of it. Suspension would bind and car would rear steer. NFG ! It was a ‘69 Camaro that went 9.20-9.40’s at 145-146. That issue cost me a few round wins. The little stuff gets overlooked.....There is a funny saying that covers this we use at work out of a service manual on machines I repair. “ A good visual inspection will often reveal the problem” True....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pivotdoc:
Well just an a update to what I found. Most of the heims in the 4 link were locked up/frozen. Some were pretty badly galded, appears my stellar maintainence program those had been in the car 10 seasons, at least 1000 runs. New joints, put Afco shocks back on reset everything and boom right down the track no chatter. So my advice is check your stuff.

Good to hear you found and resolved the issue.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As I stated from the start, your Hoosier tires nor your Afco shock were your problem. Good job finding the root cause.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been told by many, even his close friends that we would like each other in person and get along...we shall see as we have not met in person..

This^^^^

You guys are like Flair & Steamboat back in the day! Snap out of it

Rivals in the ring and best friends outside, but it does make for great entertainment.

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
We tend to over look the small stuff , and we start throwing money at it just as fast as we can hoping this time we found it. Just glad you did find the problem and make it work for you...

Slap Head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I stated from the start, your Hoosier tires nor your Afco shock were your problem. Good job finding the root cause.
his Mickey Thompson tires and Strange shocks were also not the problem.... just sayin lol

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post