DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric trailer jack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric trailer jack
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
I have a 34 foot trailer and I think it has a lot of tongue weight and would like to put an electric jack on there. I can spend money but looking for one heavy duty enough to get the job done and not stupid expensive.
What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3985 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
What is stupid expensive?

I broke my Bulldog jack, big OOPS on my part, but up until that point it was fine.

Put a Harbor Freight POS in it's place for now until I fix the other one. While it works, it is nowhere near as nice as the Bulldog.

That being said, Ed had shown one in his White Trailer thread, that one looks very nice but of course, it is not cheap!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Barker VIP

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
How much is too much?$ Well I do not mind spending $200 or $300 but if it is was $1000 to $1500 I would hand crank the SOB. LOL. Just want something that can reasonably get the job done with out spending stupid money. I do realize the $90 Harbor Freight one would not work well for me, maybe for smaller lighter trailer.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3985 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/87247...4:g:2YoAAOSw8FNahffG

This Husky 4500 has worked really well. I have had them on several trailers.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/87247...4:g:2YoAAOSw8FNahffG

This Husky 4500 has worked really well. I have had them on several trailers.

Thanks, That was one of the ones I was looking at. Went ahead and bought it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
EQUALIZER hydraulic jack yeah it’s pricey but the absolute best money spent on trailer...IMO

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've had the harbor freight on my 32' tri axle for 5 years now. It's worked flawlessly the entire time.

Posts: 476 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My old 28ft had a Bigfoot jack on it. It worked great.

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
My new trailer I ordered an electric jack. It’s as good as you’ll get with electric but stil a pos compared to the elec/hyd Jacks. The equalizer is 700.00 but well worth it

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just put an Equalizer on my trailer and it is fast and smooth.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I also have an Equalizer, added it to the build sheet when I got my trailer new. Its awesome, fast and smooth, well worth the extra money IMO

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Also happy with the Husky 4500. Just over $200 on Amazon.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I bought he Husky 4500 we will see how it works.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got the Husky 4500 on Ebay for $209 shipped and installed it. Works great even with all the tongue weight on the trailer. So far it seems like a good deal, well built and a good value.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxdKcloRBQ

Now we have a "government with some balls". clapping

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Update on the Husky 4500:
It quit working on me Sunday at MIR. Went up no problem at all when I got there but would not go down when it came time to leave. I could not get it to crank manually because I did not realize at the time that there is a little lever at the bottom of the motor behind a rubber plug that you have to flip to disengage it for manual mode so I just removed it from the trailer for the trip home. I purchased it from Amazon so I looked on there and saw it has a 1 year warranty and of course I purchased it 13 months ago. I was about to attempt to disassemble & repair it last night but I stopped and called Amazon customer service first to plead my case, they made an exception for me and shipped me out a new one that I will have Thursday.

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Billy,

I have the same jack. Mine also got stuck.

I know you are sending it back
BUT
if you want, it may be a super easy fix.

Under that plug that you mention is that little lever. Take the tool they gave you (or just a pair of needle nose and move the lever inside to one side or the other, see if that fixes it.

Like I said, mine got stuck, I called Husky, they had me move that little lever slightly and then the jack worked fine.

I think I OVER EXTENDED it so I needed to move that little switch to tell it to go down.

No issues since.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
husky jacks are made in china.

Buy american http://www.barkermfg.com/power-jacks.html

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Thanks - good to know. I didn't even realize the little lever was there - the skies opened up just as I was hitching up to leave so I just unbolted the damn thing, I realized about the lever when I had it on the workbench last night. It probably is something silly since it worked PERFECTLY before and then just stopped without warning, but since I have a new one on the way I'm just filing that tip away in my head for future reference! Thanks Though!