DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trans mission guys 4L60E ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trans mission guys 4L60E ?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Was going to say trans but figured ton of shyt come from that. LOL

I have a 4l60E out of old truck I bought and parted out. Right now I am 500 bucks a head and thinking about keeping transmission. It was working great when I bought the old truck,burning tires when left garage I bought it from.

I know I have to get a stand alone for it which I think is around 800 bucks last check. My question is what kind of power will it handle? What if anything would make stronger?

Plan is to drop it into my 69 Panel truck that has 454 with basic hp ups. Heads,cam,intake, headers and dual exhaust. So nothing bada$$. Should add driver is well known for showing his butt and having fun with drivable toys. Not well behaved like . Hell couldn't even finish that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I would NOT do it. It can be built to handle more power, but at 500 hp that thing gets really weak. The 3-4 gear change will not liked being done under a lot of power. If you really want an overdrive, figure out how to put a 4l80 in it.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post