3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
who cares what TS you ran 30 years ago? or how "nearly identical" you claim it was to today's' #1 Stop. Roll Eyes

I don't understand why post anything here, you never have anything constructive or meaningful advice on nearly any topic to add and half of all your posts here are feeding "troll food" to a thread with your screen name.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you still have your fishing license.

Laughing very hard

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
another non constructive, off topic meaningless post from you. Go feed your thread about nothing more troll food.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Alright, here is the last thing I'll say to you in this thread.

I think it's pretty obvious (to most people) that my comment about your new stop looking like the stop I ran 30 years ago WAS NOT meant to belittle your new stop, just an observation that they haven't changed much over the years.

Let the record show the YOU were the one to start this crap by poking me, and I like you will defend myself against a wise a&& remark.

It's very clear that you are once again here to cause trouble along with offering some good advise from your experience over the years.

And who are you to judge what's going on in "The Bender" thread? It is a social thread, not a technical thread, that's why it's in "General Discussion", not "Tech Talk". It was never meant to be a technical thread by the OP. If you don't like it, do go look at it, like you evidently have been...……..nice to know that you are keeping tabs on it though.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I'm sure dedenbear was making billet aluminum stops 30 years ago Roll Eyes

Billet doesn't mean "better". It just means that it was made out of a piece of material. If you think that there is any technological advantages to a hunk of aluminum with four holes and four butterflies, you are delusional. 30 years ago or not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
who cares what TS you ran 30 years ago? or how "nearly identical" you claim it was to today's' #1 Stop. Roll Eyes

I don't understand why post anything here, you never have anything constructive or meaningful advice on nearly any topic to add and half of all your posts here are feeding "troll food" to a thread with your screen name.

That’s funny of you to say considering you bump “troll food” your threads about your shyt ALL the time. “Another xxx views about a white trailer” that adds lots of meaningful constructive advice. Take your own advice!

As for throttle stops, in-line air mounted to the pedal on both cars. Less ugly clutter on the engine and less stuff to deal with when disassembling things. We use the big 2.5# bottles and my wife’s car has Biondo’s electric shutoff so the air comes on with the ignition. Very convenient.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
76,000 views about my trailer in my absence says again you don't have a clue and your very convenient in-line and bottle wasn't very consistent at Lebanon Wink

bender, the fact is your reply to my post in this thread was meant to belittle my new stop and therefore advice. Further, it's no surprise that you never replied to this thread, a thread that was started 2 months ago until after I resurrected from the dead. I also haven't look at your thread nor need to to get your post count info. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried adding 1500 pounds to their dragster to slow it down?
No air pressure or voltage issues.

Yep, I'm bored again.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:

bender, the fact is your reply to my post in this thread was meant to belittle my new stop and therefore advice. Further, it's no surprise that you never replied to this thread, a thread that was started 2 months ago

Wrong Just and observation nothing more, I would have said the same to anyone that posted those pictures, and I'll bet they would have accepted it as just an observation.

And I haven't run a stop in almost 30 years, therefore I'm not up on the latest and greatest. That's why I haven't replied to this thread before.

Why do you feel like it's your job to be so judgmental as to who posts what around here? Remember it's a public forum, lighten up.

It's not all about you.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Alright, here is the last thing I'll say to you in this thread.
BlahBlah

you're a hater, always were. At least be honest, that you only replied to comment about my post.

Again, no one cares what stop you ran 30 years ago but they might be interested in hearing what stop I run. Wink

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/reading-sc

The rest of the haters will be along soon.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Pros and cons of different styles electric vs air and under carb vs linkage

Did anybody really answer the original post, maybe 1 or 2 post.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
Pros and cons of different styles electric vs air and under carb vs linkage

Did anybody really answer the original post, maybe 1 or 2 post.

Sure....I'll give it a go.

I have run anything from air in-line, to air base plate, to the APD Max speed carb/stop.

In-line stop:
Pros- nothing under carb to restrict. MIGHT give you a little more mph
Cons- very difficult to keep flex/movement out of the linkage. = inconsistent.

APD Max Speed:
Pros- nothing under carb to restrict. MIGHT give you a little more mph.
Cons- Way over complicated. To many moving parts. I could never keep mine (3 of them on 3 different cars)working well over a long period of time. Out of nowhere they would become terribly inconsistent. Ship it back to APD, they would work well again. But it was a never ending battle.

Base Plate Electric:
Pros- no air lines. No air = one less thing to go wrong.
Cons- Zero adjust-ability to closing/opening rates.

Base Plate Air:
Pros- fully adjustable air bleeds for opening and closing speeds. Allows you to make fine tune adjustments.
Cons- the potential of running out of air. It has never happened to me. To me, its a pretty simple part of my maintenance program. I check for leaks often.

In conclusion, my throttle stop of choice is the Stinnett base plate air stop. It is made by #1 Stop. I couldn't look you in the eye and guarantee you its any better than a #1 Stop though. They're both top notch products, with incredible customer service from both companies.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
clapping

Nice to see, sticking with the original post!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stall

Yes I added 1500lbs to my car in the form of a Buick GN slowed it down to much for Super Comp thanks guys for the replies that were on topic

Posts: 387 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
same #1 electric stop on my door car too Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
same #1 electric stop on my door car too Big Grin

Dang thats a snug fit. Can you get the rear bowl off the carb to change jets if you need to?

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The cowl is easily removed but I don't need it to remove the bowl and I run the same jets all season.