New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight vs et
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
If a 100 pounds is a tenth in the 1/4 then what would that 100 pounds be in the 1/8th?

Jeff McClure

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Half a tenth? Laughing Hard

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4548 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of 1320racer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
If a 100 pounds is a tenth in the 1/4 then what would that 100 pounds be in the 1/8th?

it's not on a bracket car

Offering 1st hand experience and advice based on track proven performance, on the web since 1998.

"if you guys are so broke dyck you can't buy USA made parts you need to stay the fuc at home that's the bottomline" ----Tim McAmis

Support our country! Support our Troops! Support our economy! Buy American!!

Posts: 8562 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep Vern half is half right? HaHa
I'm trying to get ready to come race with you guys next weekend.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's pretty close Ed I have seen it done by switching drivers. Not exact but close. I'm too lazy to figure correct math so thought someone may have an idea on the change.

Jeff McClure

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good luck, I'll be in Ennis. I'll tell ole Pivotdoc, he probably won't race but he might come out and visit. He's been really busy with those two crop circles.

Just a hint, stage carefully. Everyone claims our infrareds on the starting line are too close together but they're set right where Accutime says to put them.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 4548 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vern for the tip. Good luck at the plex. I will try and keep up with ya online. Jim ok? He usually makes the ennis race.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I will call Jim and see if I can talk him into racing. And funny about crop circles being there around roswell and all. HaHa

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
70 lb. lighter driver .09 quicker in my car...

Posts: 480 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whompwhomp thats 1/4 right? Any Idea on what 1/8th difference is?

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Figure about .06 for the 1/8th.

Posts: 381 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply and info hr3377.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smokinjeff:
Whompwhomp thats 1/4 right? Any Idea on what 1/8th difference is?
Yes

Posts: 480 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Obviously not exact, but for "rule of thumb" stuff, I find these calculators to be fine.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 665 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom I forgot about those. I appreciate it.

Jeff McClure

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would say that it depends on your ET and current weight.

When I ran a 12.00 index class each pound equalled .001 in loss of ET in my case.

It's also is dependent on where the weight is placed and if the suspension is working. Adding weight to a traction limited car near the rear bumper might make it faster.

I would add or subtract weight from behind the passenger side seat to run the number after getting close to the index.

Sorry that I can't help with the 660 conversion as I keep really bad records. Pretty much raced by the seat of my pants. Most of my log books have one or two pages filled out for a year of racing.

My 2¢

Cool

Posts: 134 | Location: Atco NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks m120. That comes out to 100 pounds equal a tenth. If I had time to go to test and tunes I could figure it out. But lots of times I show up with no time trials or maybe one so I'm pretty much married to info on that pass. Thanks for all the replys. I am going to just go with 60% for 1/8th if I don't figure anything else out on wallace calculators. Thanks for all the replys they were much appreciated.

Jeff McClure

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I have done this twice with me and a friends car. These are 4.70 dragsters. I am 80 lb heavier and I was .09 slower and that is in the 1/8 mile. Can even post the time slips if necessary. Two times, different days, same cars. Me 4.80 him 4.71 The first time due to work he didnt get a time run after I made one in his ride . We dialed down .06 on a guess. Glad his oppenent redlighted cause he went .03 under that. 2nd time he got the 2nd tt and yep it was .09 again.

Another friend didnt really believe us so he and a friend switched dragsters for 1 run. 60 lb was .07 in the 1/8th mile.

'12 Track & Top Class Champion

Posts: 2050 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
27keith you got me to thinking may not be much difference. The weight difference may effect the low end a whole lot more than I thought. More to get moving when adding weight. Hope to go this weekend and then the bracket finals the next. Thanks

Jeff McClure

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
It was noticed in 60ft as well as mph ! We were pretty shocked ourselves. Our 2 cars run basically the same ET with their own driver. We have put the fat driver in the small drivers car 2x. The next trick is to put the small driver in the fat guys car and see how fast we can go. I believe he said he might have seen 50 rpm change in converter even.

'12 Track & Top Class Champion

Posts: 2050 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post