Find
Notify
Tools

Beadlocs -
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted
Anyone have any experience with these companies that beadloc your current wheels? How much ? what kind of quality are you seeing. is it worth is over selling and buying new? I'm wanting to have the option of running any tire, lil's big's,mt's or hoosiers. Racingjunk everyone wants what they paid for them.. just wondering what everyones experiences have been.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
Anyone have any experience with these companies that beadloc your current wheels? How much ? what kind of quality are you seeing. is it worth is over selling and buying new? I'm wanting to have the option of running any tire, lil's big's,mt's or hoosiers. Racingjunk everyone wants what they paid for them.. just wondering what everyones experiences have been.

If you use any of these I'd highly recommend checking the run out before you mount any tires. I have seen some wobblers!

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Champion and Weld have both done a set for me, with no problems...……...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Champion did mine. Been a number of years now but I think it was $1000-1100. No complaints on the quality.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3152 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
Neil & Parks did two sets for me and very happy with them. They are very light weight though.

You "do" have to be careful assembling them, can't use no impact wrench to draw them down like I've seen the heavy ones done.

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I second Neil and Parks. Everything Scott and Frank do is top notch.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We had champion do our last set a few years ago, but they no longer convert 16” wheels when we called them.... only 15” wheels

Mac Fab did a set a couple of weeks ago for us..... around 1300 to convert both wheels to double beadlocks. No complaints on how they look or service

And I agree, its nearly impossible to get a used set that someone does not want a new price for

Posts: 786 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We had a single beadlock done by Holeshot wheels in FL look great good pricing.

Posts: 605 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Any reason to do singles vs doubles? Seeing some paid $500 for singles and double that for doubles, just dont know why u could do singles since ive never had then. Could u run the skinnys with the single option?

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
Any reason to do singles vs doubles? Seeing some paid $500 for singles and double that for doubles, just dont know why u could do singles since ive never had then. Could u run the skinnys with the single option?

no, you can not do singles with the skinny tires

Posts: 786 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
As I recall, isn't there a difference in the beadlock used for M/T tires than there is for Hoosiers and the rest? I think M/T's have either a thicker or a thinner bead and you have to specify which you are using. At least when ordering new Beadlocks from Weld their order form specifies M/T's or other.

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If doing doubles make sure that your caliper will clear the inner beadlock, 16" rims are good but check if you have 15" we did singles for this reason, and to make it easier to mount/dismount tires.

And you cannot use a wide rim with a "skinny" tire with singles.

Posts: 605 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I had a set converted a few years ago NOT from the wheel manufacturer.
One thing that I didn't like was they pulled the cert sticker off.
If I was doing another set (Say Welds) I would send them BACK to Weld so they can be re-certed.

As you know wheel certs are a requirement for beadlock TD/TS.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I sent mine to exstreme fab in CT earlier this year. Cost me around 1200 for double 16". Nice quality work and they turned them around in about a week for me.

Posts: 7 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LARAY
posted Hide Post
Mac Fab just did my 16x16 Sanders wheels a few weeks ago.

I had the Fast Eddie double beadlock conversion done.

Checked the runout when i got the wheels back before mounting and they were more true than before i sent them.

Only took 2oz of weight per wheel to balance them.

By the time they were shipped both ways it was a little over $1450.

It was $1350 to do the wheels alone.

Posts: 579 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
fatpack - I just ordered a new set of 16 x 16 from jegs. 1450.00 but nothing was said about what tire I was running, have not mounted them yet, guess I had better call Weld Monday morning and make sure they will work with the little bubbas...

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Traitor:
fatpack - I just ordered a new set of 16 x 16 from jegs. 1450.00 but nothing was said about what tire I was running, have not mounted them yet, guess I had better call Weld Monday morning and make sure they will work with the little bubbas...

Don when I got mine I had Goodyears on them, then switched to MT. I heard once that there may be something different in the rings for certain tires but not sure what it is. I had no problem and I know people go back and forth between Hoosiers and MT with out any issue

Posts: 2411 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
there is a difference in beads and some wheels take a different ring.a friend had a set that i witnessed spin on the bead

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1398 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is the answer I got from Weld.
All wheels are shipped with the standard bead lock. He reported that they will work fine on Mickeys and Goodyear's but that Hoosiers have a truck bead, thicker, and some wheels require a different ring for the Hoosiers.
I gave him my product number and asked if they would work with Mickey's and Goodyear's as I will never run Hoosier's and he reported they would.

Posts: 265 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post