DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hoosier 18760 BR3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier 18760 BR3
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted
Has anyone ran this tire? I have been running 3190W Bubbas and this seems to be Hoosiers answer to them. The 3190's have been great but if the Hoosiers last longer and don't chunk after 40-50 passes, I may try them. Power level is 1240ish aluminum 11 deg 632 that is in line for assembly room at Sunset.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TonyB6255,

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Stay with the MT tires. JMO

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i run the hoosier c1500 tire,ran all season and going to start this season with them

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:

At this point I will probably do that until we start seeing this tire at the track more. 3190 is a proven performer as long as you get a good set.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Im runnin the BR1s with a 11* 638 ...I like em so far .

Posts: 1 | Location: HOME | Registered: May 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:
Originally posted by 00 DEAD ON:

At this point I will probably do that until we start seeing this tire at the track more. 3190 is a proven performer as long as you get a good set.
Step up to the 3196...

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Step up to the 3196...[/QUOTE]

I have considered that but will be running some Super Comp and not sure how that tire will be with a throttle stop. Any one running them in SC? 1240 or so power and 4.10 gear.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I run the 3196 in SC with 1200HP and they seem to work just fine ......and yes,410 gear....Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SMOORE
posted Hide Post
We tried a set at Dragway 42 for 5 passes then went back to our MT's

AMERICAN RACE CARS
www.americanracecars.net
APD
www.apdracing.com
WOODFORD OIL CO.
www.woodfordoil.com
RENEGADE RACING FUELS
www.renegadepro1.com

Posts: 228 | Location: Flatwoods,ky | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've run the 3195's & 3186's in SC trim with 1200hp & 4.10, 4.30 & 4.56 gear at different times.

I ran the BR3 all last year (test & production tires) and without question it is the best tire I've ever run in SC trim. Currently running 4.30 gear.

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ive got a set of br1s for sale for $400 in east tn . only has 10 passes . won't work with my combination so went back to the c06s

Posts: 30 | Location: tennessee | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will add this, in SC trim the short comings of a tire during full launch conditions are lost. So it boils down to down track tire vs tire. I have run MT's since 2010 on my dragster, first the 3186's, then 95's and now 96's and have never had a better tire down track not to mention at the launch! I had GY's and Hoosiers on the car prior. I mostly race on a local track where cooler and cloudy days cause down track traction problems for fast dragsters and the MT's are by far superior over the Hoosiers in these conditions, the GY's were also good too but I would shake those at the launch. Both the GY and Hoosiers shake hard in the burnout and the MT's did not! This fact alone will save your trans gear set and rear gears!

GY and Hoosier have been trying to catch up to MT for years now with regards to fast dragster tires but haven't which is surprising given the time and resources, especially at GY!

MT for the WIN!

As for the 3190's from the original posters question, your asking a lot from a small tire so you should expect tire life to be impacted no matter who's tire your running. And I don't see why the MT 3196 tire would not work in SC and is a better fit for your power level.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Al,

Happy New Year and with all due respect.....the BR3 does not shake in the burnout.

Haven't run them wide open yet so I won't comment on that until I do.

Shawn

Posts: 827 | Location: Flemington, New Jersey | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MightyBirdF145:
Hi Al,

Happy New Year and with all due respect.....the BR3 does not shake in the burnout.

Haven't run them wide open yet so I won't comment on that until I do.

Shawn

Shawn, Happy New Year to you and Jackie also!!!

Anything new for next season?

Good news on the new Hoosiers, the 33.5's were bad at times and the 34.5's were just brutal. Same as the old GY 2032's!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hi Al, thanks!

Nothing new really, freshen up the dragster motor and getting some new headers built for the firebird. The 20 year old ones rotted out. LOL

Hope all is well Al, talk to you soon.

Shawn

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Cazman
posted Hide Post
The BR3 is a badass tire and is probably the best all around tire for a fast bracket/SC dragster.

Steve Casner

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Posts: 455 | Location: Sheridan, CA USA | Registered: August 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Prolly will drive right through the spot they normally shake if you run the throttle stop all the time. For me, they worked great on less than stellar tracks, but once I got on a good track, they started shaking hard at .5 seconds, and NOTHING I did with shock, air pressure, or leave rpm helped.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 704 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty bad when you have to be on the stop for a tire to work....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Ok, Ok, Ok.... I can say we have the "latest" versions of the BR3 and they are pretty d@mn good. If you haven't ran them in the last 3 months of the season save your comments. Things change fellas.

I'm not saying they're a MT, better than an MT, but on my cars I'm not sure how they could be any better.

Cazman has a pretty fast hotrod not on the stop and I think he fared pretty well the last half of the season in TD.

My cars run 1.05 ish 60's, 4.60 at 150. I'll post up some time slips when I get time later today.

Posts: 2108 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I might give these BR3 a try. I've been very happy with the 33.5" C06 tire, but want to try something taller.

I'm also wanting to change out the rear gear for preventive maintenance. It looks like it would almost be a wash to go from the 33.5" with 4.10 gear to the 35" tire with 4.30 gear. It is a 1% loss in travel per driveshaft revolution using the circumference numbers from the spec sheet. Probably closer to even money after figuring in tire growth.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post