DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
10:1 compression 750 hp 489 Big Block Chevrolet.

All I need now is motivational naysayers. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
PEP 4.250 stroke 4340 crankshaft.

I'd like to own ten more or so of these, nice.

30 wt oil clearances.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Moroso must not know how well Melling billet oil pumps work.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To who it concerns a Moroso # 20408 pan with a scraper and screen windage tray fits perfect with a part # 23020 bolt on windage tray, configured like this. This is gonna work killer.

Happy with this, optimistic of best case friction reduction. Fits real nice.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
700 lb ft tq, 750 hp pump gas BBC

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got this thing ready to be done, I ain't gonna be able to wait for this Lunati custom grind cam.

I've got a UDHarold design Lunati on a 110 LSA I'm gonna have to stick in it, it'll get me close on torque. Peak tq around 5300 rpm.

I can't wait three weeks, it's ready for the dyno.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Found something to kill some time waiting on the custom Lunati camshaft.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Custom Lunati solid roller camshaft is on the way!

One head is 100% ported. I'll have some photo's of it in a bit.

Getting closer to shaking the dyno!.

Applying the Vizard approach on BBC lobe separation angle with this one, 10:1 compression.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Victor 454 O ported rectangular port, with fabbed 4500 Dominator carb flange probably won't be quite this easy on the eyes, but it'll be similar / close.

Can't wait! Porter claims my expectations are low.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will you be comparing this to an off the shelf cam on the dyno?

Posts: 690 | Location: Bucks Co Pa | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B.C.Malibu:
Will you be comparing this to an off the shelf cam on the dyno?

No Sir, unless this 108 lobe separation angle camshaft combo is a dud. The risk with this camshaft is making peak torque too low and the torque not holding on past 6000 - 6200 - 6400.

I don't see that happening or I wouldn't make the effort.

As long as the torque isn't diminishing at a higher rate than the rpm is increasing, its making hp.

I'm expecting it'll make peak torque in 4500 - 4800 rpm range, which will make it a high torque output, and peak hp around 6800 -7000.

If it'll hold on to that high torque output to 6700-6800 rpm, it'll make over 750 hp easy. 585 pd ft tq at 6700 is 750 hp.

I do have a UDHarold design Lunati cam I could make 750 hp with easily, with a 110 lobe separation angle 680 680 255 263 110 I like a lot but it'll make peak torque around 5300. I see a lot of debate on BBC lobe separation angle online I find interesting. So I intend to get what I think is a pretty decent, not great, but decent 10:1 compression ratio pump gas BBC engine, right in the middle of it.

See if we can make 700 pd ft torque and 750 hp plus.

The porter thinks my hp expectations are low.

This is the David Vizer approach to lobe seperation angle.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've talked with Lunati, they said I can tighten lash no problem, that'll get me around 255 263 duration at 050.

It's a JESEL belt drive engine, so I'll be able to adjust the camshaft on the dyno.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If it don't perform up to expectations, I'll put the UD Harold design Lunati in it and bring it back to the dyno. We made over 700 hp with it in a 468, no port work on the heads, low compression pump gas muscle car engine, it's a good camshaft, peak torque 5600 5700 in a 468 BBC.

Or if the dyno hasn't got a line of engines waiting, I can change it on the dyno, no sweat.

I don't see that happening though.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lunati custom grind camshaft should be here any minute!! Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Might have some ported BBC cylinder head photo's in a bit, camshaft never showed from Lunati.

Alex said he's not sure why the cam wasn't sent, short staffed and inventory going on explained it. He said I'll be getting a Lunati T-shirt with the camshaft shortly.

Cool, no problem. Smile

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It'll be a pretty decent little pump gas muscle car BBC

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Truth has arrived. Damn, I'm happy!

8620 billet core!!

Love it!!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
WOW!!

8620 wasn't in the contract.

Custom, Alex and I cooked this up.

Vizard approach for LSA.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RIPPER/WRENCH