DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Do you sleep in your trailer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you sleep in your trailer?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've owned some cool setups and seen some really cool stuff done on a budget, sent you a message I've never gotten pictures posted up here. I had a 28' trailer with a 10' living 1/4's that hauled a dragster that was way cool.

Posts: 400 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
A bathroom package trailer is a good option if you can swing it.........
unless you find one on the dealers lot, ordering a trailer now with a bathroom package will push your delivery date out nearly a year.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
unless you find one on the dealers lot, ordering a trailer now with a bathroom package will push your delivery date out nearly a year.

Ouch!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had a one on order for 5 months now. It was supposed to be a 4-6 month delivery date. I don't think it will make it in the next month. They will not even answer my emails. Everyone wants me to call, but I'm much calmer in E-mail format. Not sure exactly how I'm going to tackle the situation.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Don't forget a carbon monoxide smoke detector also.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Carbon Monoxide monitor / smoke detector is a good idea for all trailers and I have one in mine along with fire extinguisher.

My next major purchase after my shop is built will probably be a bathroom package trailer which will give me the option of sleeping comfortably in the trailer. If you do not have a bathroom package it is good to have a "Honey Bucket" for emergencies.
I have slept in the trailer and I do have to get a shower to sleep good. In a pinch I have used wintergreen rubbing alcohol and water to more or less rinse off and you feel pretty clean and refreshed after. Wet a rag real good and wipe down as much as possible.
The mini split heat pump air conditioners can be up to 26 SEER in 110v volt and will cool very good and does not need as big of a generator as the standard type air conditioners.

If I have good air conditioning (Requirement here in Texas) then you could sleep in trailer. May build some nice fold down cots if I plan on sleeping in trailer. I do keep an emergency kit in my trailer with sleeping bag and bed sheets and pillows in sealed plastic bags.
I can rough it for one night but still want to try to make it as comfortable as possible and you can do that with some planning.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I sleep in my trailer. Inflatable bed, roll out a rug and you're good to go. I have a Buddy propane heater and I insulated my trailer when I replaced the ceiling and walls. I've tent and van camped for decades so an enclosed trailer is uptown. I've left the ramp door down when it's hot. I don't run my generator at night but if I can get power I'll run a fan.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have used wintergreen rubbing alcohol and water to more or less rinse off and you feel pretty clean and refreshed after. Wet a rag real good and wipe down as much as possible.

While working in Saudi Arabia, I purposely stopped and watched a Pakistani "line walker" take a bath with a bar of soap and a glass of water! This included washing his hair too. I guess my point is, technique has a lot to do with it. Wink

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post