New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilwood Brakes
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Who is running the new Wilwood dynamic hat rotor combination and what pad combo on a SC/7.0X TD car? Super Alloy Steel Rotors with Billet Dynapro Calipers. 4 calipers, 2 of pedal and other 2 on hand brake.

Upon receiving I called twice to wildwood and had concerns about the new floating hat and brake pads they sent. They assured me multiple times that it was all correct. They sent a Composite Metallic pad (150-14345K). After 9 runs at the divisional, the pads are gone, the rotor is purple and scorched, literally. I knew the car didn’t stop as well as it should and it got worse every run. I have never seen this amount of brake dust before. Less than 1/16 of pad left.

I ordered the exact same part number that is on the TD car that has the bolt on rotors with Polymatrix E pads, but Wilwood had updated/changed the kit I was told. No issues at all, just a little dust after a few runs. Both cars are identical, same brake pressure, master cylinder size ect.

I called Wilwood, described what was going on, sent photos and they gave me the run around for 2 weeks before finally agreeing to give me a new set of pads (of my choice) and no other help, rotors are my problem. No recommendation of pad type, but they told me I needed carbon brakes instead. I’m not extremely happy and have Wilwood on all my racecars and street rods.

Has anyone run this new floating hat and if so what brake pads are you using on a 185mph dragster?

Posts: 8 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TBM brakes...CARBON LORRAINE pads...FTW

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with MW's. Going 6.70's at 195 plus with no chute (4 link dragster)! Pads last about two seasons or 250 runs!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TopGun:
Who is running the new Wilwood dynamic hat rotor combination and what pad combo on a SC/7.0X TD car? Super Alloy Steel Rotors with Billet Dynapro Calipers. 4 calipers, 2 of pedal and other 2 on hand brake.

Upon receiving I called twice to wildwood and had concerns about the new floating hat and brake pads they sent. They assured me multiple times that it was all correct. They sent a Composite Metallic pad (150-14345K). After 9 runs at the divisional, the pads are gone, the rotor is purple and scorched, literally. I knew the car didn’t stop as well as it should and it got worse every run. I have never seen this amount of brake dust before. Less than 1/16 of pad left.

I ordered the exact same part number that is on the TD car that has the bolt on rotors with Polymatrix E pads, but Wilwood had updated/changed the kit I was told. No issues at all, just a little dust after a few runs. Both cars are identical, same brake pressure, master cylinder size ect.

I called Wilwood, described what was going on, sent photos and they gave me the run around for 2 weeks before finally agreeing to give me a new set of pads (of my choice) and no other help, rotors are my problem. No recommendation of pad type, but they told me I needed carbon brakes instead. I’m not extremely happy and have Wilwood on all my racecars and street rods.

Has anyone run this new floating hat and if so what brake pads are you using on a 185mph dragster?

Curious what size m\c you're running and if same size pedal and handle.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
TBM brakes...CARBON LORRAINE pads...FTW

fyi....TBM is literally 100' down the street from Wilwood.....might mean nothing, just saying..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4466 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post