Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by banjo:
Mike,

It shows 210psi when hot and at idle.

Thanks Larry

For future reference when talking pressure, where it tops out around 2,000 to 2,200 rpm is the operating pressure. What is the pressure there? ... 235?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
That post was by me. I was thanking Larry for his input from his previous post.

I have a high volume pump, I know on the transbrake, it shows 235, which is what it is regulated to. Never checked it at 2000 though.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
That post was by me. I was thanking Larry for his input from his previous post.

I have a high volume pump, I know on the transbrake, it shows 235, which is what it is regulated to. Never checked it at 2000 though.

That's a good split 210 to 235. I agree with Larry.

Ultimately you wanna build the transmission in a fashion that gives you the best possible opportunity for a performance advantage. If you're heads up racing or Pro Tree index racing you gotta do what you gotta do to keep up. Bracket racing is endurance and consistency. The less clutches, the less endurance. The less endurance, the less consistency.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You know how to do the work banjo. Don't hesitate in doing it. Stretch out if it sounds like a good time.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
So do you get any less longevity out of a 4 clutch setup vs a 5 or 6?

I guess I dont understand how extra steels would cause a drag, as they are just spacers.

Thabks

When the reverse clutches are applied the steels ears are loaded against the case to keep them from rotating, they can dig into the aluminum, this is why case savers were invented

It finally occurred to me what you were getting out. But I was thinking, if you put the extra steels on the pressure plate side, and not the piston side, they don't have to move for the clutches to release and wouldn't cause a bind. I could definitely see the potential for issues if you install them on the piston side as they have to move in order for the clutches to release.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Also found another thing that may explain my inconsistent reaction times. For the transbrake valve in the valvebody, I have the one that has the spring on the end. So just manual pushing it in and out, it sticks. So I scrubbed the valve and the valvebody. Still doing it. Found the valve is tweaked about .020. So ordering a new valve. That may be one of those things that I just change out yearly.

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Don't know if valve needs to be changed regular but sounds like something to add to the check every so often list. Heck pull solenoid,pull valve,check and reinstall . Sounds like free insurance. Then I believe in constant maintenance on a race car even if its not broke.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post