DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Water Pumps Again!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water Pumps Again!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What are the guys with 16 volt batteries using for electric water pumps on their BBC? I've got a meizere pump on the car now but I'm not sure if its the 100 series or 300. Car seems to be heating up a little quicker then I like so I'm looking at changing the pump and I'm wondering with the 16 volts if their is a better choice. Thanks! Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

The pump is probably suffering from cavitation. My Dedenbear pump was, I installed a voltage step down box for just the pump and that fixed it. Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No problems with mine on 16 volts

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Clint, I had you rewind one of my CSR pumps that I've carried as a spare. I'm guessing the 16 volts won't hurt it? How about rewinding the meizere pump. I'm going to look at it today but my quess it's seizing up or something. Thanks! Kevin

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
You can run the Meziere pumps on 16 volts. We recommend getting the HD motor if you have room. If you have the 300 series it will have the HD motor.
Never run the pump when you have the battery charge hooked up.

If you're really concerned you can use voltage step down.

https://www.amazon.com/Golf-Ca...er-16V/dp/B00O6B8GAK

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Kevin 16 volts won’t hurt it and not to say what I am doing is ok but I run my pump all the time with charger hooked up and what’s the difference between charger hooked up or running an alternator?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Same here, meziere on 16v and on the charger with no issues

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
To answer your question about rewinding it I am getting out of doing them because I just don’t have the time for all the more I make on them. If I were to see you at the track sometime I would be more than willing to give it a look over but I doubt that will happen.