DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    M/T 3186 Tire pressure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M/T 3186 Tire pressure
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Can’t seem to find a happy medium on tire pressure. I’ve run from 5.5 to 6.5 on my American dragster. 1.03 sixty foot usually

Duane Allen

Posts: 29 | Location: Sandston VA | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We always ran 3186 at a lower pressure, between 5 and 5.5 pounds. Most run 3190 between 5.5-6.5. Overall like the 3190 better than the 3186, but that’s besides the point

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
I ran them for several years and always ended up about 5.25.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I ran mine at 5.5lbs. When the tire started going away, it didn't care what I ran, I had troubles with it "hopping" off the line...replaced the tires, back to 5.5 and all was well. Running 3196's now....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
5lbs..let her eat...

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane1791:
Can’t seem to find a happy medium on tire pressure. I’ve run from 5.5 to 6.5 on my American dragster. 1.03 sixty foot usually

First, assuming your pressure gauge is correct, 6.5 to too much. I would say 5 to 5.75 would be the range. I can also say that in that range I have seen very little, if any difference in performance so I would be looking elsewhere to find your issues.

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I think most guys run about 5lbs in those on race day. Then usually around 3lbs on Monday, 1lb on Tuesday and then 0 from Wednesday until you reinflate them to go racing, right Al?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I think most guys run about 5lbs in those on race day. Then usually around 3lbs on Monday, 1lb on Tuesday and then 0 from Wednesday until you reinflate them to go racing, right Al?

Billy

I soap mine, new tires will only loose a pound after 2 to 3 weeks, older ones about double. This is with bead locks wheels.

Get with the program! LOL

Posts: 2145 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
4.75 to 5.25 here

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post