DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Big Bubba’s 3195 vs 3197
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Bubba’s 3195 vs 3197
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Ordering next years tires. Been running 3195 Big Bubbas with the X5 compound. Been trying to find out the difference between the X5 compound and the L6 compound of the 3197’s. The Mickey Thompson compound chart isn’t very informative and the L6 isn’t even on the ones I’ve found.Does anyone know which is softer and by how much? What are the other differences between the two tires?Suggestion on which to use for a 7.0 1230hp dragster will be appreciated.

Posts: 6 | Location: Spokane WA | Registered: May 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When I switched from the 95 to the 97 I saw no performance difference at all on my TD. The 97 was suppose to fix the chunking and blistering on fast TD but it fixed nothing in that area.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've ran both also and no performance difference. I haven't had the chunking issue on my tires but I have 2 friends running Top Sportsman that did with only around 15-20 passes. My biggest complaint is the longevity of the Bubbas. My 60'may vary a thou or 2 up to about 50 passes then starts to vary more. I have 63 passes on the 3195's on my car now and won't run them next year.
This is the tire I am switching to for next season in my 4.40/6.90 dragster.

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I've ran both also and no performance difference. I haven't had the chunking issue on my tires but I have 2 friends running Top Sportsman that did with only around 15-20 passes. My biggest complaint is the longevity of the Bubbas. My 60'may vary a thou or 2 up to about 50 passes then starts to vary more. I have 63 passes on the 3195's on my car now and won't run them next year.
This is the tire I am switching to for next season in my 4.40/6.90 dragster.

Excellent tire

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Big Bubba's with over 200 runs on them. My last race this season at VMP, over 4 days of racing, my worst 60 was .972, best was .966!!!!!!!!

I will add this, the MT tires are great but it takes more than just a tire to do this.

TWC, the 3195 and 97's will work. If your note having issues with the 95's, I'd stick with them.

Posts: 2139 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with M/T . They said the L6 is slightly softer than the X5. They said the 3197 is more dragster friendly.
So 3197 it is.
Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Spokane WA | Registered: May 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post