DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K & R Pro Cube with Z-Force reviews
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K & R Pro Cube with Z-Force reviews
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Racers,

let me hear about your Z-Force experiences.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got it, don't use it, not interested in changing what works.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I have 4 friends who switched to it last year and swear by it. They say the key is to have 2 buttons, one to arm it and one to release it.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 735 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Same as Ed here, have it, don't use it and won't change what works.

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
I have 4 friends who switched to it last year and swear by it. They say the key is to have 2 buttons, one to arm it and one to release it.

Like we dont have enough going on we need to worry about one more button.. No thanks lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
for 27 years I'be been letting go of a button to launch, Now you want me to push one? Homey don't think so.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of B-rad2416
posted Hide Post
Best thing since sliced bread. Use the same button to arm and release. No need for another button

Posts: 12 | Location: Loxahatchee, Fl | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just curious seems to me the best option is to try it. Might suit me, might not. My Son has the Z-Force in his roadster so we will report back later in the season.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Never used Z-Force but I'm a big believer in having options. Change button locations, hands, etc.

It forces you to renew your concentration rather than falling into the same routine. Would be worth a try if you fall into a slump, if nothing else.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
Never used Z-Force but I'm a big believer in having options. Change button locations, hands, etc.

It forces you to renew your concentration rather than falling into the same routine. Would be worth a try if you fall into a slump, if nothing else.

^^ this exactly.. I don't have a k&r box, but do believe if your in a slump, change something to regain your focus..

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Quick Dawg
posted Hide Post
Get the Zforce box... If you don't like the push/push, then you can switch back. With the Zforce box you have the option of going either way.

I will say this. It is the way to go. You are way more consistent and in my case faster... I wouldn't switch back for the world. It does take a little getting use to, but once you get it, it is the bomb...

Posts: 166 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: January 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Larry its a love it of hate deal. I tried it and hated it. I know some who love it. You just have to try it for your self

Posts: 2403 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Steve, I agree, the only way to know is to try it. Jeff "thinks" he likes but not enough hits yet.

My reason for asking, I have a Pro Cube at Kevin's for updating and if possible he will upgrade to the Z option he will do so.

I am adding a delay box to the Super 10 so I can play in the door car classes Smile [or play more effectively]

I talked with Steve Jr and intended to come see you but never made it. I will make a point to check you next time.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 41 | Location: Work | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Smile

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
How much does it cost for the addition of Z-force if you don't mind me asking?

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Got it, don't use it, not interested in changing what works.

Is it really working? Based on lack of results may want to reconsider...

I do have it, and use it sometimes...If I go through a slump of hitting the tree I'll switch and it seems to help. I typically go back and forth a few times a year. Lately I've been hitting the tree pretty good with Z-force...but if I slump for a few races I won't hesitate to switch back.

Unimportant but interesting, I have to run more numbers in the box when pushing then letting go

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FLDuck,

Posts: 418 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
FL.... seems like he bashes people for stuff all day, but when someone asked for "reviews" he gives the worst review, I have it but don't use it? what kind of review is that. No proven results or even opinions. I agree though, maybe the switch is needed

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I have it, use it and love it, same button for set and release. I had my ups and downs with it initially!!

Posts: 632 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've used it for about 5 years, I use it on full tree and pro tree-
I've only flinched on it once and I just pushed on a butterfly or something...

Rick Huffman
Accelerated Graphics
Why was everyone Kung Fu Fighting?

Posts: 598 | Location: Burleson TX | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post