DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    K & R Pro Cube with Z-Force reviews
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

K & R Pro Cube with Z-Force reviews
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rick, butterflies are unpredictable and can flitter around at the most inopportune times.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1830 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of popper
posted Hide Post
I have been having some issues with pain in my thumb due to arthritus and have been using the ZForce option on my practice tree. So far I'm struggling with it. One thing I've found is I'm more consistant going back to the old way after using the push to release method. I even tried reversing the button and pulling back on the button instead of pushing. Still not sure what I'll do.

popper
John Lynch

Posts: 229 | Location: Kingston, Illinois | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I love mine, I wish they would have came out sooner.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have the Pro Cube with Z Force mounted and connected. My first impression, I like it. More feedback after a race outing

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1830 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Bailey
posted Hide Post
Got it, don't use it......ever. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I can kill it sitting in the shop....every time. Then I pull into the staging beams and my brain goes into auto mode. Either push the button and hold it or forget to set it until it's too late, lol.

Posts: 12 | Location: texas | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike,

This mounting is yet to be track tested. In the shop, it feels good.

The mounting allows me to wrap my hand around the switch and "squeeze" the button. The factory seat armrest is a comfortable, natural position so we see how it works May 13 at the Motorplex. see you then, come check me for a live report Smile

Larry Woodfin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Have really been thinking about having my box converted and trying it. This ole man needs a boost. LOL

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Bailey
posted Hide Post
I was talking to a guy in Belle Rose that had a pretty good idea I thought. I've tried everything else to get comfortable with this setup so I might just give this a try. He said what he did was mount a second button on the wheel (or wherever comfortable to you) that way he uses one hand/finger to "set" the button and the other hand/finger to "release" the transbrake. I thought this may break my "auto" mode when I stage. May give it try, sounded interesting.

Posts: 12 | Location: texas | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry,
What is the second handle next to shifter for? Chute?

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The second handle is a cable going back to the main power shutoff. Power can be turn on at rear or by driver.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The photo is of my S-10

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark Sullens E85 Carburetors
posted Hide Post
quote:
he bashes people for stuff all day, I have it but don't use it? what kind of review is that.

it means he bought it just to have it because he might need it, but never used it, but also doesn't mind spending money on stuff he never uses....which to me makes as much sense as running bead locks on an 11 second door car.

marksullense85carburetors.com

Posts: 1 | Location: Jefferson City, MO | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what it means is the car I bought 3 years ago had it. Had I built a new car as planned, it would have had a Biondo box.

Meanwhile, I know many that have it and don't use it in addition to the 2 others here...

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Got it, don't use it, not interested in changing what works.

quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Same as Ed here, have it, don't use it and won't change what works.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Bailey:
Got it, don't use it......ever.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know.........what E-D does is what we all should do but, I was having trouble keeping my RT's in line.
So I tried the push-push method last year, had mixed results, but overall better.
This year, still using it and having great results, don't really know why, I just am.

Sorry E-D, sometimes different strokes for different folks.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Kevin still makes the interface box to be able to hook up to a regular practice tree? I would like to try this option in my car next year and figure the best time to try it is in the spring after a long layoff. It's probably going to be difficult to teach this old dog any new tricks so some practice tree sessions are going to be needed! Thanks!

Posts: 196 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
Have it use it love it. tightened up my reaction time considerably (well for an old ****). Shake head

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Does anyone know if Kevin still makes the interface box to be able to hook up to a regular practice tree?

Kevin will know

423-614-7778

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post