DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    older Racepak to USB issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

older Racepak to USB issue
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The dragster I just bought has an older Racepak, first generation unit that does not have the removable SD card. Download is accomplished via serial cable or by plugging in a memory cartridge and then transferring that data to your computer. The process using the memory cartridge works, the process with the serial cable will not work. I have tried using both the serial port on the computer, and even a serial to USB adapter going into the computer. Each time I try to extract run data, it reports successful read of all sensors, and then the process will not proceed to output the information in graph form. I have changed the com port assignment multiple times, still no success. I'm thinking I must be missing a driver for the USB, and will be calling Racepak tomorrow. Has anybody experienced this issue and what was the solution.

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
reach out to greg kelley on this site ,he is the guru

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is this V or PRO series?
BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
V300

Posts: 138 | Location: Midlothian, Texas | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Have you chosen the telemetry configuration?
Racepak Data-Link live telemetry

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have not tried telemetry, but since it uses the same serial and USB cable I assume it would not work. I will try it just to be sure.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Probably need to go to Settings/Preferences and select USB as data download method.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Greg Kelly, yes I have done that, still no good. I just got finished trying the telemetry mode with the same serial cable to USB adapter into the computer and it works, and this is the Racepak provided USB cable. I did not get any driver disk when I purchased the car, is it possible I'm missing the required USB driver files. How would I check this?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Did you happen to buy a Dan Page car? It's a very nice car,all the bells and whistles. I would call Greg and he can pretty much walk you thru any problem,if not point you in the right direction.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
369dragster, yes I did, just trying to get the Racepak to talk to my computer via the serial cable.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Racepak technical support, they had me fixed up in three minutes, a simple setting change in the s/w, and we are good to go. Thanks to Racepak, and all that provided suggestions.