DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    3rd gen camaro Ed quay four link
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3rd gen camaro Ed quay four link
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
For those who have personal experience with a 3rd Gen Camaro, short upper bar four-link, older Ed Quay super stock design.

With several equal length setups, I have installed an anti-roll bar with good results. Those cars worked as expected.

A question has risen about installing an anti-roll bar with the short upper bar four-link. One racer told me because of the short upper bar installing an anti-roll bar has the potential for binding. He also explained that the Ed Quay design works fine and acceptable when the left front is carried higher than the right front.

Please tell me about your personal experience with the above setup.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
64-72 GM A-body cars have short uppers from factory, and they work well with ARB, no?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a 3rd gen Quay car built at their shop in 1992. I also purchased the anti roll bar from them right after I bought this car, but have never had it installed. It’s still in the box. I don’t see the need to install this as my front tires no longer leave the ground and the car did go straight when I was lifting them 12”+ years ago without wheelie bars.

Posts: 2438 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had an Art Morrison unequal length four link in my Don Hardy Monza years ago and the anti-roll bar helped it a lot.

Abbott Racing Heads
(432) 558-2841

Posts: 39 | Location: Crane, Texas | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
I've worked on one and the anti roll helped. If a ss foxbody and g-body doesnt bind up I don't see how that could?

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My corvette has a wishbone locator, antiroll and extremely short 4 link bars.

Car 60fts at 3350lbs+200 lb driver 1.24 when turned up.

I have it tamed back to 1.30 60ft times.

It doesnt have a problem with binding and is extremely consistent.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ski_dwn_it:
My corvette has a wishbone locator, antiroll and extremely short 4 link bars.

Car 60fts at 3350lbs+200 lb driver 1.24 when turned up.

I have it tamed back to 1.30 60ft times.

It doesnt have a problem with binding and is extremely consistent.

Did you put yours in the original Vette locations? If you did, then yeah, they are damn short! And when built that way, they either blow the tires off, or they wanna ride the bumper! Obviously you can get it to leave via shocks and some use wheelie bars. Was a hard learning curve when I was helping a friend with one.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. But with the brackets I built I have a lot of adjust in the optimal area. That is usually the problem with short bars is you moving out of optimal ICs. I spent a lot of time mapping it all out.

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post