DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    New Look MSD Rotor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Look MSD Rotor
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I just received a new MSD 8457 rotor for my crank trigger distributor. Instead of the usual solid metal tab this one has holes drilled/made into it. The catalogue/online pictures do not show this feature. Anyone know why the design was changed? Overall dimensions are obviously the same. The flat metal tab now just has that Swiss cheese look.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Take a picture, post it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
got the same one a few weeks back. tossed it on the car...runs fine.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Been a lot of problems lately with MSD caps and rotors. I hope the new ones are better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post