DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    S/C Shifting on the stop?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S/C Shifting on the stop?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Making more power now than I used to. For dragsters over 1000 hp, is shifting on the stop the way to go? Is it particularly hard on anything? Build a lot of converter heat? I'm a little concerned about what will happen when the power comes on in first gear.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
just shift right after flash or in that area and it will be fine.too soon and rpm will drop too much.too late and oposite effect.lots of variables of course,stop rpm ,converter ect

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1390 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I shifted at .5 going 8.90 181/182

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 251 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As others have said .5 works for me and I usually shift on time at 7.75 or faster.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 461 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
.5 seems pretty popular. Thank you!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
I shift at .300, quicker is better for better RPM rise control. Each car is different though.

I see nothing wrong with .500 but when I did that my RPM would rise until it shifted. I always try to eliminate every negative variable.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1380 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I shift at .4 seems to work.

BTW, Don I will call you tomorrow.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I always put my shift timer .2 AFTER timer one. For example....
Timer 1- .1
Shift - .3

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
.5 here seems to work with my 7.70 car

Posts: 400 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: April 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post