Bracket Talk
golf cart, gas or battery?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2887082186

June 22, 2018, 05:29 PM
Larry Woodfin
golf cart, gas or battery?
after recently having access to a cart I now realize the value.

What is your choice, gas or battery power?

Larry Woodfin

June 22, 2018, 06:09 PM
WHOMPWHOMP
GAS FTW....
June 22, 2018, 06:10 PM
Cashflow
Gas, gas and more gas. Heard another horror story on an electric cart while I was in Denver.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
June 22, 2018, 06:32 PM
Slick Vic
Gas for the racetrack, electric for the house.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.
June 22, 2018, 06:43 PM
HS professor
quote:
Gas for the racetrack, electric for the house.

Yup ...........

We've had our gas ClubCar precedent for 5 years now and did nothing but add gas, changed the oil once too lol

Zero maintenance is nice.
June 22, 2018, 09:11 PM
Hotrod Corvette
If you ever take the family to a campground...Electric is the only kind accepted on the grounds...

Mine is gas because batteries don't like me Smile

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

June 23, 2018, 11:43 AM
HR3377
You can buy ALOT of gas for the cost of replacing the batteries in an electric one.
June 24, 2018, 09:29 PM
MikeB4963
I have had both, now have gas, and that won't ever change again.

Too many horror stories about electric carts in race trailers.

SLAM dunk for the win....... Gas!!!
June 25, 2018, 06:14 AM
JoeH
Gasoline powered is the way to go.
June 26, 2018, 10:13 AM
Brktracer
Batteries cost $600+ to replace and last about 5-6 years. Electric carts have very little resale with 3+yo batteries.

I like electric but way too cheap to spend $100+ per year on batteries. $100 buys a lot of gas. Gas carts are more expensive up front for used ones. Not sure about prices of new ones.

Matt Ward

June 26, 2018, 11:08 AM
Dead On
Had electric sold it and got Gas. Its the only way to go. Never have an electric again

Ron Shields

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/...e/1570815955/enhance
June 26, 2018, 11:35 AM
TORQIN
GAS...don't look back.
June 26, 2018, 12:40 PM
head gamez
I prefer electric.... I even try to avoid golf courses that I know use gas carts.

I replaced the original batteries in my 2005 36v cart back in 2015. Keep them on the charger when not in use and don't run them below 50% capacity and they will last.

When I was hauling it to the track, it was in the back of the truck so not much bouncing. Now it rides on a utility trailer behind the fifth wheel when we are going to the beach.

Mikey
June 27, 2018, 01:04 PM
sc4087
Gas

Mike Greene

June 27, 2018, 02:00 PM
FootbrakeJim
Definitely Gas.
I just replaced the SINGLE, 11 year old (2007 dated) battery in my GAS cart for $79. And I never have to worry about batteries running down at a bad moment, or waiting and waiting for them to recharge...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
July 01, 2018, 09:39 PM
Mike Bailey
I have electric, I bought it several years ago when I was just racing a weekend bracket race. Usually 1 night and then home. Worked great, but now when I'm out for 3 or 4 days at a time it's a pain in the azz. I have to charge every night and a lot of times during the day if I'm towing someone. If I had to buy a new one it would be gas for sure.
July 01, 2018, 10:03 PM
JP Miller
Gas

VICTORY SHALL BE MINE!
www.fticonverters.com
www.southernoutlawtopsportsman.com
www.killerrons.com
July 02, 2018, 06:06 AM
Curly1
Here is something to think about. I personally would not buy a golf cart now.

I would buy a TaoTao Rhino 250 four wheeler they are only $1250 new and pretty nice.

Or the other option I would do is buy a used Smart car, they have air conditioning, radio and are street legal if you need to go to town for hotel or something. Did I mention the Smart car has air conditioning?

With all of the problems of golf carts catching fire lately and as expensive as they are I have no interest in one.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
July 02, 2018, 02:01 PM
seabass
Hard to have 3 or 4 people on a 4 wheeler

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi
July 06, 2018, 09:20 AM
sc4087
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Hard to have 3 or 4 people on a 4 wheeler

Or a Smart car. And good luck getting that smart car in front of the tower, thru the staging lanes or up by the snack bar at any track I go to?

Mike Greene