DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    golf cart, gas or battery?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

golf cart, gas or battery?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
after recently having access to a cart I now realize the value.

What is your choice, gas or battery power?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1828 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
GAS FTW....

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gas, gas and more gas. Heard another horror story on an electric cart while I was in Denver.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Gas for the racetrack, electric for the house.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gas for the racetrack, electric for the house.

Yup ...........

We've had our gas ClubCar precedent for 5 years now and did nothing but add gas, changed the oil once too lol

Zero maintenance is nice.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
If you ever take the family to a campground...Electric is the only kind accepted on the grounds...

Mine is gas because batteries don't like me Smile

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You can buy ALOT of gas for the cost of replacing the batteries in an electric one.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have had both, now have gas, and that won't ever change again.

Too many horror stories about electric carts in race trailers.

SLAM dunk for the win....... Gas!!!

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Gasoline powered is the way to go.

Posts: 16 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Batteries cost $600+ to replace and last about 5-6 years. Electric carts have very little resale with 3+yo batteries.

I like electric but way too cheap to spend $100+ per year on batteries. $100 buys a lot of gas. Gas carts are more expensive up front for used ones. Not sure about prices of new ones.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1390 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
Had electric sold it and got Gas. Its the only way to go. Never have an electric again

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
GAS...don't look back.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I prefer electric.... I even try to avoid golf courses that I know use gas carts.

I replaced the original batteries in my 2005 36v cart back in 2015. Keep them on the charger when not in use and don't run them below 50% capacity and they will last.

When I was hauling it to the track, it was in the back of the truck so not much bouncing. Now it rides on a utility trailer behind the fifth wheel when we are going to the beach.

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
Gas

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Definitely Gas.
I just replaced the SINGLE, 11 year old (2007 dated) battery in my GAS cart for $79. And I never have to worry about batteries running down at a bad moment, or waiting and waiting for them to recharge...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Bailey
posted Hide Post
I have electric, I bought it several years ago when I was just racing a weekend bracket race. Usually 1 night and then home. Worked great, but now when I'm out for 3 or 4 days at a time it's a pain in the azz. I have to charge every night and a lot of times during the day if I'm towing someone. If I had to buy a new one it would be gas for sure.

Posts: 12 | Location: texas | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JP Miller
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Here is something to think about. I personally would not buy a golf cart now.

I would buy a TaoTao Rhino 250 four wheeler they are only $1250 new and pretty nice.

Or the other option I would do is buy a used Smart car, they have air conditioning, radio and are street legal if you need to go to town for hotel or something. Did I mention the Smart car has air conditioning?

With all of the problems of golf carts catching fire lately and as expensive as they are I have no interest in one.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3990 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hard to have 3 or 4 people on a 4 wheeler

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
Hard to have 3 or 4 people on a 4 wheeler

Or a Smart car. And good luck getting that smart car in front of the tower, thru the staging lanes or up by the snack bar at any track I go to?

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post