DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 volt GO Lithium batteries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 volt GO Lithium batteries
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
anyone on here running their product? If so, good product? or not..thanx.

Posts: 18 | Location: gorham  | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
good product and good people to work with

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1389 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks.. I will give them a call..

Posts: 18 | Location: gorham  | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s battery that was in the pro stock car 2 years that started fire at a national event.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have used them all year. Excellent product, no problems at all so far.

Lynn Ellison

Posts: 133 | Location: The Boat! | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have used them all year. Excellent product, no problems at all so far.

6.30,6.30,6.30 and on and on and on.lol

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1389 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Have no experience with Lithium Pro and not knocking their product but we use Altronics Inc. Their NEW PRO Series have a full 4 year warranty. I'd check to see if any competing battery offers that before purchasing.

Here is some info - https://www.altronicsinc.com/l...ium-batteries-1.html

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
Ran one all last season and it worked great, still doing fine this year.

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link.. Product looks very good as well..Will check it out..

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s battery that was in the pro stock car 2 years that started fire at a national event.

I thought that was a lithium pro?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
J.R. I recall hearing it was a GO Lithium battery but I don't know first hand. I'm sure you could find out from the Gray's or Dave Connolly.

That said, race cars, cell phone, computers, hover boards and just about everything run on these batteries has had numerous fires including airplanes and in at least one, it was the cause of the crash.

NO THANKS!

When the big 3 install them as standard equipment maybe then I'll change my mind.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
When the big 3 install them as standard equipment maybe then I'll change my mind.
They are used in almost all major aircraft.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
don't care, the big 3 don't!

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have the altronics as well, all good so far!

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Ed on this one. I won't even let them in my shop, when customer cars come in with them I take them out and let them take it with them. I want no part of my shop burning down because of these things.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
I have the Altronics one as well. It even has an on / off switch so when I tow it is shut off.

Charges in 5 minutes, weighs about 5 lbs.

4 years with same battery and charger and I don't have an alternator on the car.

We sell them as well, and I can save you some money.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1380 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Connolly's fire was a Lithium Pro battery using someone else's charger. Using a different company's charger for one of the lithium batteries is a big no no. As far as I know Go Lithium still has never had a battery burn or explode.

All that said, My new car has a trusty old AGM XS power battery in it.

Posts: 133 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sure there is a lot of equipment on your car that the big 3 would never install. Lithium batteries are not being installed largely because of the manufacturing costs.

One could argue that the are not being installed because they know the average public owner would charge them with the wrong charger as well.

Bottom line it has a lot less to do with the safety of the battery and more to do with the idiot proofing that is practically mandatory these days.

And cost!

Posts: 36 | Location: Bradenton | Registered: August 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
FWIW about the "Big 3", Jeep is putting 48v Lithium-Ion batteries standard in all the new 2.0L Turbo JL Wranglers.

Posts: 783 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul S/Q:
FWIW about the "Big 3", Jeep is putting 48v Lithium-Ion batteries standard in all the new 2.0L Turbo JL Wranglers.

Every manufacturer of electric cars have lithium batteries. I guess those are also the Big 3 + a few not so big.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post