DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16 volt GO Lithium batteries
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16 volt GO Lithium batteries
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I’ve got two of them and love them. Would definitely recommend them to anyone

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chevy volt has lithium batteries.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
I have to agree with Ed on this one. I won't even let them in my shop, when customer cars come in with them I take them out and let them take it with them. I want no part of my shop burning down because of these things.

what about lithium power tool batteries, cell phones, computers, etc. not allowed either?

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous1:
quote:
I have to agree with Ed on this one. I won't even let them in my shop, when customer cars come in with them I take them out and let them take it with them. I want no part of my shop burning down because of these things.

what about lithium power tool batteries, cell phones, computers, etc. not allowed either?

And are all of the Golf cart fires Lithium batteries? Nope.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my golf cart has one 12v battery and it gets removed when in the trailer.

As to tools, lap tops and cell phones sold with lithium batteries, we have no choice today but if/when one shyts the bed and starts a fire, your loss is far less than your race car which is my case is 2 cars that cost north of $100K to replace.

Again, there will never be a lithium battery in my cars as they have proven to be unstable in planes, race cars, phones, computers, hoover boards, etc.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrous1:
quote:

no cell phones are left unattended overnight when I'm not there, so not a major concern. How many phones have caught fire also? I can't remember hearing of any. Cordless drills are lithium, again how many milwakee batteries have caught fire? Haven't heard any. Our computers have cords and plug into 110.... no lithium.

Now racecar lithium batteries, I've personally seen several fires, heard about at least 2 dozen. Some burning racecars, buildings etc to the ground. The odds are way higher, I dont like those odds. Of the maybe 10,000 lithium drag race batteries out there, I've heard of or seen somewhere close to 30 major fires, vs 10 million phones and maybe the same number of fires, most of which caused almost no damage.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And, if i could avoid the lithium batteries in drills and phones I would. That technology is no where near safe.

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you and I finally agree on something. Holy Moly

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...day.com/amp/92066322

Samsung note 7 was a disaster. Seriously ni-cad batteries over lithium in power tools? How do you check your racepak at the track? Not arguing that there hasn't been some disastrous results linked to lithium batteries, including Boeing's woes.

Posts: 75 | Location: nitrousville | Registered: January 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 86BigBlockBird:
Connolly's fire was a Lithium Pro battery using someone else's charger. Using a different company's charger for one of the lithium batteries is a big no no. As far as I know Go Lithium still has never had a battery burn or explode.

All that said, My new car has a trusty old AGM XS power battery in it.

Dead on with an 0, I have used Go-Lithium for over 2 years with zero issues. Go Litium has never had any battery self destruct.

Need to keep the facts straight. Ed I know you prefer 12vdc batts but these actually are a good product.

Posts: 454 | Location: Hopewell Junction, NY | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post