DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BURN OUT PROCEDGER TURBO 400
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BURN OUT PROCEDGER TURBO 400
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
high gear only

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of eric doukas
posted Hide Post
Well let see, I've broke (4) 36 element sprags th400 behind a 10.90 3400 lbs car from 2003-2013 doing the 1st 2nd high gear burnout . After changing tranny builder cause he didn't have the smarts to install a aluminum Coan drum and there big 36 element sprag . I could never get more than 125 passes out of old tranny builder units one went in 50 passes. Now I just do 2nd/high gear burnouts. I've got around 350 passes onthis transmission and my sprag problems are gone.
What I do for burn out now is in 1st gear on the way out of the water box spin the tires slightly to put some water on the back tires. start burnout is 2nd gear as soon as tires spin shift to high gear take rpms to 5000 and then drive out of burnout cars deadly driver not so much LOL

Posts: 49 | Location: fallon nv | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
all of my motors have had the ability to spin wet slicks while in high gear,i see no reason to start in any lower gear.just change your habit.even jr dragsters spin

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
all of my motors have had the ability to spin wet slicks while in high gear,i see no reason to start in any lower gear.just change your habit.even jr dragsters spin

Do Jr dragsters start in high gear of low? Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am beginning to think the way we do it is a matter of choice as long as who ever builds our T-400 knows what they are doing. Back in the day our dragster was leaving in high gear when the consensus was that you could not do that. ATI told me it wouldn't hurt the trans. I am to old to change now-------

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
change is hard for me also fern,we are all creatures of habit.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1411 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post