DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    trans brake question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trans brake question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted
I have two trans brake buttons. One on the dash I have been running for a long time with no issues. But I put another one on my steering wheel and wired it to the other button. My question is would that make that button slow to react since in coming off the other button? I have about a 05 light. Im running no box. But I tried it yesterday with the dash and was 07 red. I know a lot was me but thought maybe going thru the other switch might have something to do with it?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No, unless the new button is that much quicker.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My first thought, the difference is because of the location. That is to say, one location is better than the other in ref to the movement of your hand/arm

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
and of course, just a few hits are not enough to establish a pattern

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry is right. It’s all about the position and how fast your arm moves off the button. Before it was your shoulder moving the hole arm. Now just forearm moving off the button. Less movable parts quicker movement.

Posts: 31 | Location: arkansas | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Position. Told by very reputable proven winner the steering wheel is not a good location because it places you arm in an unusual position in front of your body. Off to the side is better and more natural. That is where I have mine.

Put the new button where you old one was and I bet it nearly there same.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1433 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of regal
posted Hide Post
Time to get the practice tree hooked up and test away, that’s really the best way to figure it all out. You can learn so much about buttons, locations, etc with just utilizing your practice tree. No one method is right or wrong for everyone.

Chris Walters

Posts: 120 | Location: New Whiteland,Indiana | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I am inclined to agree with 66 BelAir and Larry - I think the location is having an effect on the R/T's.
To the OP - Is it the same type of switch?
I love my wheel-mounted button. And having the trigger arm bent about 90* at the elbow. Seems like a more rigid base to operate from. And the release action is a small movement.
I feel like my normal range of variation in R/T is fairly tight for a bottom bulber. Even more so when I am racing frequently.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1032 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
I think location was the problem. The steering wheel seems to work better for no box the steering wheel seems to be a little slower. The dash one works faster for pro brake.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post