DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Who has the fastest 4150 carb door car?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has the fastest 4150 carb door car?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
This subject might tell you who worked the hardest off season. The 4150 is becoming a bad piece. single carb only.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
For most of us it’s still the off season so it wouldn’t take much to be the fastest. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of jmarkaudio
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are some Comp Eliminator econo altered cars running well in the 7's... 850 carb...

Mark Whitener
RFD Heads
FTI Converter
Fab Shop Headers
Home built 2 circuit Dominator :-)
www.racingfuelsystems.com

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My dad went 8.0x with a single 4150 on a 468 in his super gas car. Has since changed to a dominator and went 7.8x still with a 468

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
Ron Rhodes has been 4.3x on a 275 tire, leaf spring, and a 4150 carb with his nitrous small block.

https://youtu.be/fwhbbrjR5Ko

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
This subject might tell you who worked the hardest off season. The 4150 is becoming a bad piece. single carb only.

We talkin N/A correct?

Mark, some very fast 750 cars too! Very efficient cars. Still my favorite class. Was PS till they went cookie cutter engines, rpm limit and EFI.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
My dad went 8.0x with a single 4150 on a 468 in his super gas car. Has since changed to a dominator and went 7.8x still with a 468

Hey Will, if you (and your dad) don't mind, I would sure like to hear a bit more about his combo. Not looking to go 8.0, or S/G racing, but the plan for my project 68 Camaro is sort of evolving into just a decently quick No-E bracket car, based on a production short-deck steel BBC, (most likely 468 or 496), that would eventually be "capable of" running Super Street, or maybe even Super Gas, if a guy wanted to add a throttle-stop and box down the road... Thanks.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1034 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post