DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Question about swapping from a C4 to a glide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about swapping from a C4 to a glide
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Thinking about swapping out my C4 behind my SBF for a Glide.
Just wondering what all is involved in the swap what is need and what is the why to make the swap.

Posts: 80 | Location: usa | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Look up Keith Fulp on facebook. He makes mid plates that adapt chevy bell transmissions to ford engines. That way you dont have to use a p.o.s. jw bell or spend 1800 for a case with a ford bell housing. Dont be scared to put a converter in it that stalls 6400+

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with the ultra bell, just curious?

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
What's wrong with the ultra bell, just curious?

THey are notorious for leaking, and putting undo stress on front of transmission, because the transmission now hangs off the bellhousing via the front pump. I didnt say it didnt work, just saying there is much better ways of going about it now days.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 703 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Also, the other reason of going the mid plate approach is, that there will always be a racer that has a chevy bell powerglide setting in the trailer, but the likely hood of finding a ford bell powerglide transmission at a racetrack is very un likely.

Jeremiah Hall

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a mid plate and crank adapter for sale if you are interested.

Posts: 7 | Location: Osgoode Ontario | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post