New
Find
Notify
Tools

delay boxes
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The best delay box for a new dragster bracket build along with customer service.

Posts: 7 | Location: under the car | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
IMHO K&R hands down. As Ed would say, most people will recommend what they run.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
It's a matter of preference for the person driving the car. I use Digital delay stuff in my cars. Mostly because I am familiar with them and the numbers are bigger. The K&R work fine and have a smaller footprint. So if room in the dash is an issue I would use a K&R. Both companies have great customer service.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I like the Digital Delay boxes, and that's what I run, but I'm looking into both them and K&R when I upgrade my box......Both are great and work well....

Since it will be more a matter of preference, talk to some other racers that have both and look at them in their cars. Ask them what they like/don't like about them. Maybe that will help. I'm still leaning towards digital delay for my stuff, because the little switches on the K&R might be an issue for me getting in and out of the car.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
IMHO K&R hands down. As Ed would say, most people will recommend what they run.

they will and I recommend K&R Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Checked out several boxes before changing out the one in my car. Went with the K&R Pro Cube with the Z Plus option. I was torn between that one and the Digital Delay box. Really like what I have....

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Digital Delay 625 for me, automatically fills in the dial board plus has the "push to release" z force thing as well

I have a 600 I will sale , gonna buy a 625 for a spare at somepoint

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My car has a mega 450, my wife’s car has a pro cube so I’m familiar with both. Like others have said it’s preference. I prefer the mega because I like the keypad dial in entry.

If you’re not getting a data logger or grid, you should get a digital delay box due to the rpm recording capability.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
As a guy who wires cars I have nothing to say negative about either one but, I do prefer Digital Delay over the rest. Charlie and his crew are nothing but the best with customer support. And their products are racer friendly.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
We used to be dedenbear guys for the longest time but ended up buying a car with a Mega 450 in it a couple years ago for my brother. That delay box is awesome, and I will likely replace my lightning with a 475 to control my dial board very soon.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
K&R in mine. Compact if you have space issues on your dash and super easy to use. If you use a K&R dial board it is plug and play with a fiber optic cable direct from the delay box. I wish the time on the 2 step was adjustable but that's the only negative I have.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I like Digital delay

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6376 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve had three delay box manufactures and think all are very good. For me it’s all about what the box is needed to do.

If wanting the delay box to shift your car on rpm, some Digital Delay and Dedenbear models offer this feature.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I have the Digital Delay and the K&R...both quality products IMO.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I recommend whatever I don't use. Yeah, I know that's getting close to the cone BUT it's the Truth! Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thorn Delay for the win!

Wonder what happened to Thorn?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Damn Barney. I thought my box was old.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 295 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I like the Digital Delay also, being older I can see everything ok without glasses.
It can do all you will ever need to do.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 252 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have one of those bob's pro starts out of a car we used to have.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6376 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post