DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    torn seal on the input shaft question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

torn seal on the input shaft question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I run an input shaft that has 2 rings. One of the rings has torn. I feel like I've lost around 7 hundreths and I'm hoping this is my issue.

Have any of you ever torn a teflon seal and can you tell me how much it slowed you down?

My car normally runs mid 4.60's. It's 1.05, 3.00 and 4.65 at 148. This season has constantly been around 1.08, 3.07 and 146 mph.

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That’s your problem…converter charge…

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What ya'll use racepak for? Confused

Post two graphs, before and after

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mike, I don't have a racepak. I'm just hoping someone has had the same issue as myself and can tell me how much their ET was affected.

Thanks

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ssmith:
Sorry Mike, I don't have a racepak. I'm just hoping someone has had the same issue as myself and can tell me how much their ET was affected.

Thanks

I've got a Mega 400 box with run replay, you can track drop back at the shift rpm there too, if you have that box, or option.

A lot easier than hooking up a laptop anyway.

As long as the drop doesn't change, you know your power is good / same, as well as your torque converter.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post