DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    polishing a slip yoke
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

polishing a slip yoke
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I will take a look at it today Jamie.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I just pulled my driveshaft. No appreciable wear marks and looks the same as with the bushing trans I had previously. The MW yoke is a bolt together type. It measures 1.5003 at the area that never goes into the trans. Measures about .0015 smaller where it is inside the bearing. The unworn area would still go in the bearing. There is not a lot of play on the yoke when it’s in the trans. I never touched the yoke other than with some ScotchBrite The driveshaft and yoke are original with the car. A 2003

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
Correct me if i am wrong, but I believe Rich must have a hardened yoke setup for a roller bearing, which will work with just a bushing also. Only when the shaft is not hardened for the roller bearing must it be used with a bushing.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post