DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Flexplate shield installation ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flexplate shield installation ideas
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
70 Nova, BBC, stock firewall. If I slot the upper bolt holes in the shield to slip onto the two upper trans bolts and leave the bottom shield bolt holes as they come, will it be easy to install/remove the shield? I know it's not legal to alter the shield.

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
On my shield it uses all six bolts. I don’t see how slotting the two upper holes would make installation any easier. This is on a glide on a sbc.

Posts: 486 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Gusack runs a T400.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
After putting an ultrabell on my wife's car I'll never use a flexplate shield on a door car

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 462 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ X2

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Okay, a new bell or case is my next move. I was hoping someone would have a slick way to install a shield.

Posts: 455 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ron, I have a JW Ultra-bell on my th400, absolutely the best. Been re-certified 3x.

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
How about making some studs with nuts to replace those upper bolts - would that work for you?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Mark...I've been told that the ATI (#200044A) bell that locates to the OD of the pump is the one to have but requires more machining.

Chas...I don't think studs would help.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Can you use one of the TCI mid plates with the built in shied ? Just trim off the ends .

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post