DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    bolt together converter pilot issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bolt together converter pilot issue
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
anyone with a bolt together with aluminum cover on the pilot side.do you guys have a brass or steel bushing on the pilot or is it all aluminum...it appears the all aluminum are seizing up in the back of the crank and galling?

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bronze is the best solution in high load applications. The aluminum does seem to gall as bad as steel.

Hutch

Posts: 24 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
is anti sieze an option,i know it is messy

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1414 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
steel on mine

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
My Abruzzi is steel

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Steel on the FTI

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DOTracer>
posted
Last bolt together had a thread on steel pilot and no issues with galling.

New one I just ordered has a bolt on bronze pilot which is what most companies are going to these days.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
looks like I have to send mine back.they are talking a bronze bushing as hutch stated.sure wish they did this the first time

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
Steel on the FTI

We updated to using bolt on bronze pilots.

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 163 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post