DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Windage tray option
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Windage tray option
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted
Getting an aluminum based off the ealier topic, they have two options...they are identical but one has main cap dividers built into the windage tray, the other does not with a difference in price for the addition of the dividers. Anybody have experience one over the other? Assuming the dividers pull a little extra oil off the crank but some of the best pans don’t use them so trying to decide if they are necessary or worth it.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
What/whos pan are you looking at? My Willams pan has them but have no clue if they make any differance

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Windage trays vs screens, on my BBC I have seen no difference other than the tray slowing oil getting back to the pump pickup! Tray with dividers at the caps vs no dividers equal zero in my book. So I'd save your money

Posts: 2154 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Big pan with big kickout will net more than a windage tray.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post