New
Find
Notify
Tools

New converter
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
How much ET am I loosing in 1/8 with converter that is 1000rpm to loose....flashing 200 under shift....WTH

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
How much ET am I loosing in 1/8 with converter that is 1000rpm to loose....flashing 200 under shift....WTH

If the rpm is high (slip % high), maybe a tenth.

Depends power slip.

As long as the rpm isn't increasing at a higher rate than the torque is diminishing, it's making power.

Supercharger or N/A?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think I mentioned this before, start looking around for a Cortina core converter.

True 9" converter can be tailored for 1600 - 1700 hp.

Extremely rare core but I'll bet someone has one collecting dust somewhere.

Send it to PTC if you find one.

This will be faster than anything out there.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

If the rpm is high (slip % high), maybe a tenth.

Depends power slip.

As long as the rpm isn't increasing at a higher rate than the torque is diminishing, it's making power.

Supercharger or N/A?
NA..

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I mentioned this before, start looking around for a Cortina core converter.

True 9" converter can be tailored for 1600 - 1700 hp.

Extremely rare core but I'll bet someone has one collecting dust somewhere.

Send it to PTC if you find one.

This will be faster than anything out there.

Opel core...and it come from PTC...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So that's like a 1050 hp around 7400 - 7500 stall?

Lane talk to about the Toyota core 10'' they have with 8" internals? It's fairly similar to a 9"Cortina Core converter in performance, from what I gather.

We may buy one ourselves to compare for our 66 chevy II nitrous it's around 1150 hp.

<DOTracer>
posted
quote:

Lane talk to about the Toyota core 10'' they have with 8" internals? It's fairly similar to a 9"Cortina Core converter in performance, from what I gather.

Is that the one PTC calls their mini 10"?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mine is 900Hp...was looking for around 62 6300 stall...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOTracer:
quote:

Yeah, they're reasonably priced as well.

The Opel core in my ride is as tight as they get from Transmission Specialies, around 750 hp n/a.

So 900hp, yours is 6800-6900 stall?

You might be moving into a mini 10, I'm sure yours is spragless as well.

<DOTracer>
posted
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Opel core in my ride is as tight as they get from Transmission Specialies, around 750 hp n/a.

Ive been running one for a couple years now. I thought it was a Nissan core, but maybe it is a Toyota. 10TH-14 (spragless) is what mine is, flash 6000-6100 depending on air and tuneup on my 3000 lb car.

Pretty good converter, best top end efficiency I've had in any converter over the years...3% in the 1/4 mile.

Just bought a FTI SSW 9" bolt together to compare against it.

Sorry for the off topic WhompWhomp.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ive been running one for a couple years now. I thought it was a Nissan core, but maybe it is a Toyota. 10TH-14 (spragless) is what mine is, flash 6000-6100 depending on air and tuneup on my 3000 lb car.

Pretty good converter, best top end efficiency I've had in any converter over the years...3% in the 1/4 mile.

Just bought a FTI SSW 9" bolt together to compare against it.

Sorry for the off topic WhompWhomp.

Yeah Toyota. We're gonna get one for a spare, work it in eventually. The guy who owns the car is worried I'm gonna want my Cortina back LoL.

I told him you've had the thing 6-7 years already. I told him if it outruns the mini 10" I'll sell it to him, so let's wait and see.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 8-TH-14-SS.....7200 stall

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine is a 8-TH-14-SS.....7200 stall

I can't help ya part #s. If you don't have racepack and give me tire size, gear, finish line rpm I can figure slip at the stripe. If you have racepack look at the slip after the drop back that'll give you an indication how much you're losing. Probably not much, If you're going 4.40, 6300 sounds tight but I don't know much about the engine. 7200 sounds a little loose by 400 rpm. Nothing wrong with a 600-700 rpm drop.

Like I said in my first post slip at the stripe can be an indicator too, but I'm not a part # guy.

I've used Transmission Specialty for years. I do have a PTC 8" i bought from a friend had it in his attic 10 years I like a lot, but don't know their part #'s