DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    if you are considering a new pick up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

if you are considering a new pick up
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just upgraded trucks. All the way up to 2010 gas crew silverado 2500. Now I don't have to hear the complaining from the growing boy in the back of the old extended cab. My wife rode in the back two weeks ago and declared we would not do that to him any more. LOL. Thanks kid!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I hate to admit it, but I've went to "heck" and I'm fluffing pillows on the devils bed. I bought a new Nissan Titan a few months ago. A lifter failed in my 2015 Silverado. While I was getting it fixed (under warranty) they (the dealership I used to work at) put me in a brand new 2019 Silverado as a loaner. There was a BUNCH of stuff I liked better on my 2015 compared to the 2019....but I loved the keyless entry/start. I started looking at new trucks after I got mine back. The Chevy's and Fords have poorly designed transmissions. (designed in a joint effort) The Chevy's and Dodge's deactivate cylinders. (which is what caused the lifter failure on my Silverado) The Chevy's Dodge's and Ford's all have "auto stop", where the engine cuts off when you come to a stop. The nearest Toyota dealer is 25 miles away so I never really "looked" at the Toyotas. My Nissan doesn't deactivate cylinders or cut off at stops. It's got a conventional power steering system with an engine driven pump. It's got an A/C system with R134A (not R1234yf). It's got a Jatco transmission that's proven reliable. It's got a 5.6 liter, 390 horsepower engine.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have to admit. I was looking at New Dodge's. After going into Cardiac arrest on the payment quote,old reliable still has a working heater and wipers. Old reliable 7.3 with a Banks unit. Bought new in 89. 93K miles. Kids still fight over it when who is getting the truck.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's a damn good one. I had a 87 Lariat I liked, almost as well as what I'm driving.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not usually a ford guy, but I like that truck. I like the chevy square bodies too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post