DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Too much tire wrap
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too much tire wrap
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
what ere you wanting it to do leave like a slow car,those tires are going to wrap up as fast as you are going.that 1.07 lap looks preety good

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
Maybe that is normal for this type of car, it just seems like everyone says man you are killing the tire and I can feel it driving over the tire (car shakes)

quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
what ere you wanting it to do leave like a slow car,those tires are going to wrap up as fast as you are going.that 1.07 lap looks preety good

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
Maybe that is normal for this type of car, it just seems like everyone says man you are killing the tire and I can feel it driving over the tire (car shakes)

quote:
Originally posted by rusty:

What's the drop back rpm at the shift? This is the stall. If it's 6400, it's too tight. Yes it matters in regards to current plight (over challenging the tire)

Also, I can't remember exactly, is it a active stator converter?

I think I remember it wasn't a spragless converter. Yes it matters in regards to the current obstacle (over challenging the tire).

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Below stall, depending the stator, torque multiplication ranges from 1.8 to 2.4 X.

Obviously with your combo according to your experience's, you don't want it on the high side.

You can do more with the stator to multiply torque below stall with a active stator converter, than you can spragless.

My fastest converter of the four I have, is spragless (TSI). It challenges the tire the least - which also translates, it manages the tire best.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
All steel 3200 lbs. This is the standard all others are measured 10x28 bias, n/a 23 sbc.

TSI spragless

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Flashes 6400 off the brake, falls to 6500 on the shift. Abruzzi diode converter. I also have a spragless from him that is about 250-300 looser but the trans gets hot really fast with it.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flashes 6400 off the brake, falls to 6500 on the shift. Abruzzi diode converter. I also have a spragless from him that is about 250-300 looser but the trans gets hot really fast with it.

Ok, so it's an active stator, probably multiply's torque on the high side, over challenging the tire for local prep.

I got one like that, it's not what I'd bracket race with, excellent pro tree converter though.

The best place to get a spragless, is the place that was doing them when just about everyone else said, spragless converters are junk.

But then again TSI had the patent on spragless converters, they are the original spragless. Send the hot over there, tell em ya want the same stall. See what they say.

Or send it to Abbruzi, ask him to fix it. Does it get hot, just sitting there at an idle in park? I've seen this before.

Problems you're having, first thing to do is put a looser converter, sounds like you need one, at this time to try.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you ever get a good spragless converter, you'll know it's a good one by the fact it doesn't feel by seat of the pants, like a good one, but the timeslip tells a different story, of fast, as well as efficient at the stripe, DS nearer to 1 to 1 with engine rpm.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The spragless converter was for my other engine. just too loose I assume is what was causing the heat. Worked perfectly fine with the other engine.
I just went back and looked at the data and the spragless was actually only 150 rpm looser than the current one. I only tried it one weekend and had a different fluid in it so that may have been the issue with heat.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Ok, so it's an active stator, probably multiply's torque on the high side, over challenging the tire for local prep.

I got one like that, it's not what I'd bracket race with, excellent pro tree converter though.

The best place to get a spragless, is the place that was doing them when just about everyone else said, spragless converters are junk.

But then again TSI had the patent on spragless converters, they are the original spragless. Send the hot over there, tell em ya want the same stall. See what they say.

Or send it to Abbruzi, ask him to fix it. Does it get hot, just sitting there at an idle in park? I've seen this before.

Problems you're having, first thing to do is put a looser converter, sounds like you need one, at this time to try.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kendall GT-1 green Pennsylvania crude and Transynd here. Pretty decent.

Try the spragless Sir. 1.69 low.