DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Stroud recert time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stroud recert time?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted
Yesterday morning I found my packaged up harness sitting in the corner.....forgot to ship it to Stroud 3 months ago. Eek

It is half way to them by now, and will likely be back before any tracks open up, but does anybody recall what their normal turn around time is for a harness recert?

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Not sure about Stroud, Deist had my cam locks back to me within 3 weeks of me shipping them and I am in Maryland and they are in California. Crow set got caught up in the Virus deal and took 6 weeks.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just had my spare set re-certified by Stroud and I had them in hand within 10 days from shipping out. By the way, they were shipped from eastern PA if that helps.
Mike

Posts: 5 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. I already checked Summit, they have them in stock, just in case.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I would swear they had them back to me in a couple of weeks. I’m in New Mexico.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just went and looked at mine and they are up in June. I guess I'll forgo a couple of months and send them in now so they'll be good if we get to race again. LOL

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Stroud dragster belts that need recert if anyone wants them cheap.

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A dollar ninety eight?? LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
A dollar ninety eight?? LOL

Plus $50 shipping and handling and there all yours lol

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Belts can be recertified? Wink

I've always bought Simpson and I've never done it once, in 22 years. Eek

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Yep, new belts, and check all fixtures, sew on a new SFI tag and send them back....

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The normal turn around time from Stroud (once they got them) has been about 15 days. My belts cert expires in January so I'm in no big rush, no place to race in January.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
Got a call from Stroud this afternoon. Harness will be headed back my way on Tuesday! Roughly 10 day total turnaround. Gotta love that.

On another note, suddenly I cannot make a regular reply, quote, or start a new thread. Quick reply only.

Any idea's on what may be wrong?

Thanks.... Smile

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
My RJS cam locks had a free recert after 2 years.
just pay the freight. I don't know if they still offer that.. The second set were new. With new hardware.That reminds me, i have to get my 15 in again.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I shipped my Stroud’s today. BTW, they are making face masks for personal protection if you need one. 15 bucks.