DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    GM Tech, Service Stabilitrak
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM Tech, Service Stabilitrak
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
WHEN DO THE MESSAGES TYPLICALLY SHOW UP? START UP? RANDOMLY WHILE DRIVING?

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
FYI most parts store only read "P" codes or emission codes.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
WHEN DO THE MESSAGES TYPLICALLY SHOW UP? START UP? RANDOMLY WHILE DRIVING?

Tpms almost always. Other two mostly when I leave from work and it may go off after 40 minutes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
if you wanna, ill send you my snap on scanner? Cool Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't believe you want to start tooling up, but below is a scan tool (only fits the particular car you select) that would likely read the systems/codes you're concerned with. Likely cheaper than a visit to the shop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02da070a9c41181ece49

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!
Sounds like the parts store version is a little weak

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6396 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
Order ELM-327 off Ebay and install app on Iphone to read DTC. Cost is about $30-$40 for ELM-327 and app.

We used to get this alert randomly on '07 Yukon.

Finally started getting low oil pressure alert. Did lifters, oil pump, pickup seal, etc. It fixed it. Runs 10x better now too. A lot more power.

I replaced with DOD lifters but have DOD deactivate module (Diablosport?) plugged into the port. Better milage and it drives 10x better.

The lifter replacement is a big job if you haven't done it before. Youtube is very helpful.

What is the mileage?

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
150k on 6.2. Runs well. I have never had the intake off these. Heads stay on?

quote:
Originally posted by Brktracer:
Order ELM-327 off Ebay and install app on Iphone to read DTC. Cost is about $30-$40 for ELM-327 and app.

We used to get this alert randomly on '07 Yukon.

Finally started getting low oil pressure alert. Did lifters, oil pump, pickup seal, etc. It fixed it. Runs 10x better now too. A lot more power.

I replaced with DOD lifters but have DOD deactivate module (Diablosport?) plugged into the port. Better milage and it drives 10x better.

The lifter replacement is a big job if you haven't done it before. Youtube is very helpful.

What is the mileage?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
No, that's the worst part. Unfortunately, heads have to come off to pull lifters.

DOD lifters are probably done at 150k.

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Shop scanner said steering wheel sensor

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
For the W! Razz

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
Glad it’s something relatively inexpensive .

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Who knew a good scanner could tell you that? Oh, right. Just about everyone but me! Reading about the sensor, it looks like something that should be easier than they made it.

I hear that the dod delete will extend the life of the lifters. Sounds like it will run better too. The scanner deal is hard to beat

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have been itching for a reason to buy an HP tuners deal. Get myself into all sorts of trouble.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo