DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    16v Alternator & bracket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

16v Alternator & bracket
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted
What is everyone using on SBC with vaccum pump. Probably going to need a low mount.

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
East Coast Bracket from Jegs with 100 amp alternator from Mark Payne. Stay away from the super mini's, they will let you down. The regulators aren't big enough in them and that's what goes out regularly. Mark won't even sell them anymore.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
Thanks SL

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Got a super mini on mine as that’s what would fit in the space and no issues so far but only one year old.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Also, if space is limited you can turn an alternator around. Meaning have the back towards the front. It will charge either way.

Posts: 26 | Location: sw Ohio | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Powermaster, they make really good products and they have a bracket that mounts really close to the block. I forgot the the part number but it was only one that would fit my dragster. Also they have drawings with measurements on their web site so you can get a good idea of if it will fit.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4015 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I used Powermaster alternator and bracket.
I don’t have room to go backwards with it either, I wanted mine doe low and out of the way.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post