DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Check Stall Speed with SLE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check Stall Speed with SLE
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a Mega 450. I installed a different converter and want to check the stall speed before I get to the track. How can I override the SLE dropping to idle when I engage the transbrake?

Posts: 3 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you sle has the slip collar on it I believe you can lock it out that way to check the converter

Posts: 81 | Location: nc | Registered: February 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
if you have the bypass button for reverse that will work,or you can go to sfo mode and turn the sle off,if i remember correctly

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Ziptie the sle closed

Posts: 1235 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
perfect opportunity to install a backup button.

IMHO a backup button is needed, stops the timers from cycling and is great for trans break checks and stall checks.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Unhook either wire on the sle

Jack's Race Shop
apdracing.com

Posts: 8 | Location: Pikeville KY | Registered: March 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I gave up on stall testing long ago. If you're not going to change anything based on the stall info you get from the static test just wait for the track. If you are dead set on testing it on jackstands setting the SFO to 5 or a zip tie with the air off are the easiest.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will try the back up button. Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Farmington Hills, MI | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Back up button will work.

Also, the easiest way through the box is to change your SLE time. It is probably set to 1111 (0.8 seconds before transbrake release) or 0100 (1 second before transbrake release).

If you change that to 2222, the car will not go on the SLE when you press the button.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just read the replay tach on your Mega 450 to see what the flash stall is when you launch.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
22.22 on the timer worked. Thanks

DRR Pro
Picture of 00 DEAD ON
posted Hide Post
Just take the wire off it. It will not work then

Brian Mollison
2009 RaceTech Dragster
2020 Sumerduck Dragway VA Top ET Champion
2017 Sumerduck Top ET & SSS Track Champion
2017 MAC Top ET Track Champion
2009 Sumerduck Dragway Va Top ET & IHRA SSS Track Champion
2008 IHRA Division 1 Top ET Bracket Final Runner-up
2007 Colonial Beach Dragway Top ET Track Champion

Posts: 1026 | Location: Stafford, Virginia | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post