DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Happen at Bradenton.. RIP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happen at Bradenton.. RIP
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted

Posts: 1407 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RIP

That was a cool dude. I hadn't raced Bradenton 4 - 5 years when I came back 2017 this man worked there. Nicest guy at the track. Always had a unlit cigar in the side of his mouth. I think he was a Vietnam Vet, real cool guy.

Nice guy, super guy always ran the lanes test n tune.

I was called right after it happened by a guy at the track, said a cars throttle hung open and he hit the man RIP who died. I can only presume he was working the turnoff at the end of the track.

The car with the hung throttle ended up out in the tomato field.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tragic. RIP

BG

Posts: 758 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Tragic. RIP

Can't say it enough, this man was a great guy RIP

This guy was the type guy who'd walk through fire to save someone.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Always had a unlit cigar in the side of his mouth.

Dyck Landy protege Wink. Condolences to his family.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2322 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It was Paul Major who had his throttle hang and unfortunately hit Dan. Went through the 1/8 mile traps at 207mph i believe.

Posts: 7 | Location: PA | Registered: June 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Talked to him several times, took care of me pretty good when I was there testing. Sad deal....RIP

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
What a tragic accident. We lost one of the good ones. RIP Chaps.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3094 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
I donated, if you knew the man or not, please give something for the family.

I've only raced two to three times at Bradenton, but he was always there making it run as smoothly as it could. He seemed happy and knew his job.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1380 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post