DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Shaft rockerS for BBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaft rockerS for BBC
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anyone have experience with Crower shaft rockers? I like the idea of a steel rocker over alum such as TD/Jesel, but i dont know anyone with first hand experience with them. They would be going on Brodix head. Thanks

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've run 2 sets of Crower stainless steel shaft rockers on SBCs.

Sold the first set and they went on a dirt track car for several seasons with no issue before that car was sold.

Current set is 1.7/1.7 ratio. Springs are 325 psi on the seat and 900 psi open. .866"/.800" lift. No issues.

I had an issue with the stand height on my current set being too tall for my heads. I didn't want to machine the head and make the top of the intake ports any thinner. They worked with me to come up with a custom height stand. Have worked great. No issues.

Jason G.

'71 Chevelle
3370 lbs w/ SBC
5.93 @ 116.7 MPH - N/A

Posts: 343 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I also have the Crower on a Small Block and really like them. Mine are 1.8/1.7 and I would assume the BBC are just as good.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3960 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My two sons have Crower Stainless shaft rockers on both of their Late Model Circle Track Cars And never had a failure. Several friends have them on big block Chevys with zero failures. Adjusting them is a breeze and they hold adjustment really well.

Suggestion: Get the LSM shaft rocker adjusting tool with the torque wrench.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of hot wheels
posted Hide Post
I have a set going on 4yrs crower stainless shaft 1.7 BBC on some 3xtra, no issues at all 300lbs .850 lift. quality parts

Posts: 22 | Location: vancouver, b.c. | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hot wheels:
I have a set going on 4yrs crower stainless shaft 1.7 BBC on some 3xtra, no issues at all 300lbs .850 lift. quality parts

Do yours have the one piece intake stand?

Posts: 19 | Location: kentucky | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The person to talk with at Crower is Guy Aguayo (619) 661-6477. He’s not just a tech expert on their Shaft Rocker Assemblies but a hard core racer as well. In some applications the aluminum rockers will work and survive with zero issues, Guy knows when to recommend the stainless set.

Worth a phone conversation.

Bob

Posts: 3058 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Crower components have always been top shelf BUT few bracket racers run them due to cost.

That said, better buy spares cause it's doubtful you'll find someone at the track that has a spare you can borrow/buy when you break a rocker and you will.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No experience with grower but T&d has steel as well.... I have 2sets of manton rockers that have been perfect so far...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of hot wheels
posted Hide Post
Yes td232, they are 1 piece intake stands

Posts: 22 | Location: vancouver, b.c. | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Nice set there.. Those needle or bushed tip?

Posts: 1407 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hot wheels:
Yes td232, they are 1 piece intake stands

Were they a bolt on or was any machining required?