DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Help with slicks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with slicks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
If you had to pick between a 29x9 or a 28x10.5 slick which would hook better.
I guess I’m asking what is more important the extra inch of height or the extra inch of width

Posts: 26 | Location: va | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waylon:
If you had to pick between a 29x9 or a 28x10.5 slick which would hook better.
I guess I’m asking what is more important the extra inch of height or the extra inch of width

In most situations the diameter is more important for a larger contact patch to the track. In this case it's probably a wash. If it was a 30x9, I would definitely pick it!

There are other factors that come into play & I would be looking at the suspension 1st with either slick.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2543 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Moving from a 30x9 to a 28x9, I haven’t noticed any difference in how the tire works.

I’d run the 10.5 if it would fit.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lenny didn’t you go from a radial slick to a PBR

Posts: 26 | Location: va | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Wheel width?
Limited to 8" rims I always found the 9" tires worked best. Especially in bias slicks.
With the M/T PBR, it doesn't seem to matter.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1647 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
10” wheel

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waylon:
Lenny didn’t you go from a radial slick to a PBR

I went from the Hoosier “stocker” radial to the Hoosier Drag Bracket Radial.

I think the DBR probably last a little longer but don’t work any differently.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post