Find
Notify
Tools

Spark plug
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
What plug to use Mopar 500 gas motor?

Posts: 19 | Location: st paul mn | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Autolite

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
it has been many years since I ran gas that I simply don't recall what plug number I used. I am thinking J 12 Y champion but hoping some one has info so I can fire it up.

Posts: 19 | Location: st paul mn | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
what cylinder head is on the engine?

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane:
it has been many years since I ran gas that I simply don't recall what plug number I used. I am thinking J 12 Y champion but hoping some one has info so I can fire it up.

Iron heads do use the short reach plugs like the J12Y. I'm not sure about the TF or Indy but I know that Eddy heads are a long reach. So as sr4440 mentioned, which heads?

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For my racecar, I used to use AR3934 and AR3933, until I switched to a comparable NGK plug. Very affordable if you buy in bulk from Advance Auto with coupon codes.

Aluminum headed 400 @ 12:1 comp, worked well with both 110 and E85.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD6297:
quote:

Iron heads do use the short reach plugs like the J12Y. I'm not sure about the TF or Indy but I know that Eddy heads are a long reach. So as sr4440 mentioned, which heads?

FYI the 440-3 engine (motor home) uses a 5/8 tapered seat RV9YC. So knowing which head he has would be helpful.

Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr4440,

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1297 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Tom H
posted Hide Post
NGK-XR5/3332 on "most" steel heads, NGK-4554 (5671A-8) on aluminum. These are a good choice on each given type of head.

Posts: 62 | Location: wisc | Registered: January 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
quote:
Originally posted by TD6297:
quote:

FYI the 440-3 engine (motor home) uses a 5/8 tapered seat RV9YC. So knowing which head he has would be helpful.

Joe

wow, I have never seen that, that is very interesting. Show even more that the actual head style is necessary

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post