?’s for ALL Foot Brake Racers
I have several questions for ALL Foot Brakers no matter how fast / slow, Much or Little HP to share what they have with me.
All I ask is that you post /share the
1. cid size and estimated HP of your engine.
2. Weight of the car w/driver if known.
3. What ET it runs in the 1/8.
4. What RPM do you FB at on the start line
5. I’ll assume that all cars are PG trans and everyone leaves in 1st gear. If different include this information.
If you do not want to post here, I encourage you to PM me with this information.
TIA to everyone that shares this with me.This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,
383 - 400 horses
2400 rpm launch, shallow stage
1985 Ed Quay Camaro (pic in avatar)
1. 582 1000hp
4. 4200-4500 depending on rollout and track
5. PG, but car will take a 400 or Lenco as well (was a former comp car)
1. 406 750 hp
2. 3350 lbs
4. 6.0s-6.30s depending on air and location
6. powerglide 6000 stall
1. cid size and estimated HP of your engine. 388 and around 570
2. Weight of the car w/driver if known. 2003 with me at the line
3. What ET it runs in the 1/8. 5.70-5.73 in summer air leaving in low, it went 5.94 leaving in high a couple weeks ago in really good air
4. What RPM you FB on the start line 2000-2200 leaving in low, 3200-3400 leaving in high
5. I’ll assume that all cars are PG trans and everyone leaves in 1st gear. If different include this information. EDIT: 1.76 low now soon I hope to be 1.58 yes powerglideThis message has been edited. Last edited by: CURTIS REED,
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion
2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
|DRR Top Comp|
SBC-327 -760 Hp
1750-1800 Lbs depending on set up race ready with me in it.
4.92- 5.06 and that is where I try to keep it.
2400-2600 RPM footbraking.
"Our products are not designed for ED, they are designed for COMPETITIVE RACERS"
Wisdom does not come with age. An Ediot does not become a wise man when he gets old. He just becomes an old Ediot.
I just f@rted, that is a close to me giving a shyt about Ediot as it is going to get.
4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
1 ... 454bbc / 750 ish
2 ... 3300 w/ driver
3 ... 6. teens - 6.20's deepstaged
4 ... 2300 - 2600 deepstaged
5 ... 1.80 1st gear/4.30 rear gear 30" tire
433 BBC, guessing a little over 600 hp.
3000 with driver
6.1x to 6.3x depending on air
25 to 2800
|DRR Top Comp|
2880 without driver. Driver around 180lbs
6.30 Currently slowed to 6.50. Rules!
Sometimes deep, sometimes leave in 2nd
455 Olds -
7.20 1/8 mile
When I did run footbrake:
1. cid size and estimated HP of your engine. SBC 355ci
2. Weight of the car w/driver if known. 3025 lbs. in race trim w/driver
3. What ET it runs in the 1/8. 6.40's
4. What RPM do you FB at on the start line 3000-3200
5. I’ll assume that all cars are PG trans and everyone leaves in 1st gear. PG, 1.80 low gear, 5600 stall
72 Nova "Hooptie"
1. 540 BBC, guessing around 800'ish hp
2. 3518 w/ driver
3. 6.0's in summer heat, 5.90's in good air.
5. th350/ PTC 6200 convertor.
421 , don't know hp
2600 ready to roll
high 5.60s to low 5.70s at 121ish
anywhere from 2200 to 3000 , depends on which track
p.g. with 1.80 first
I don't know where you're going with this but I have 26" tall frt. tires and 5.13 gear on 29" tall slicks.
I use AV gas 100LLThis message has been edited. Last edited by: Eman,
412 LS 725 HP 2625 w/d 5.75 3000 P/G 1St
sbc 350 350
7.55 throttle stopped to run sportsman class
[ 2019 05:41 AMHide Post1985 Ed Quay Camaro (pic in avatar)1. 582 1000hp2. 25203. 5.20’s 4. 4200-4500 depending on rollout and track 5. PG, but car will take a 400 or Lenco as well (was a former comp car)Rob Robertson[/quote]
Rob: You must have a really loose converter or big 4 wheel drum brakes to hold 4500...?!
It is good to see people participating in the survey and seeing the wide variety of combinations.
I participated myself,but what is to be learned here without further research?
Another factor should be what fuel.
I’ve never FB. Although I’ve watched FB events on the internet one cannot tell how much rpm was being used at stage.
The different leave RPM used while FB is what I am interested in reading. I also wanted to know the car weight and HP of the engine as this could have a faster engine rpm acceleration rate.
The reason wanting to know this, is I’m looking at an untried method of Grid 7730 for FB. I’ve never pursued this method because it requires a mechanical activation of Grids “Time From Launch Timer” that is controlled by the racer. Also, I’m unsure whether this would be legal in FB.
The Grid for FB methods that I presently have written instructions and results for, are legal, and use Grid to activate this timer. The racer has no mechanical control of this activation, that I believe is the most accurate activation method.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2 3|