DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Polar clutch removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polar clutch removal
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of KENNY BROWN
posted
Bought a jr dragster that has a polar clutch on it and I want to change the weights on the clutch but cant seem to get the clutch off. Do they make a removal tool or does anyone have any tricks to remove. The old owner told me to slide a screwdriver in between the clutch and the block and it should come right off. Not happening, and I don't want to damage it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posts: 45 | Location: NEW ALBANY OH. | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some polar clutches are threaded to use a jacking bolt. Sometimes the key has some play in it you might be able to put a wrench on the flywheel side and work the clutch off.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post