DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bracket racing with Nitrous
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bracket racing with Nitrous
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Lots of suppliers, but if you're going to get a kit, best to get one from Induction Solutions or Fast Lane Nitrous. Reason I say them is because they flow the kits and provide tune up data for YOUR setup based on information you give them. An out of the box setup will work, but the tunes are usually quite a ways off and need to be dialed in. A flowed system will be very close and includes timing info as well as other stuff. They will still need fine tuning but the tunes are way closer and generally "safer" than the generic tunes out of the box systems come with.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend Nitrous Express also. They have a great assortment of plate systems. Don't be intimidated, just take you time and read thru the different options. Their website is very helpfull.

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'd recommend Nitrous Express also. They have a great assortment of plate systems. Don't be intimidated, just take you time and read thru the different options. Their website is very helpfull.

Nice mounting on the Fuel solenoid Scott!! Looks good!

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at the Holley Sniper nitrous kit and trying to find out what blow down tube adapter is used with their system. I have called Holley and Jegs several times but no answer, I guess that f------ virus has something to do with it. At this time this kit just fits my budget better than others.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I use it mostly if I feel the car slip on the starting line or know I missed the tree. I hit it early because like Steve said I dont gain much at the stripe with my convertor. Some tracks starting line is so good never use it.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hitman is reasonably priced.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We went with a FastLane. If you want hard hit talk to this guy. He gets 350-375 hp out of a 8 hole per bar cheater plate using a Big Shot style solenoid. This is what I used Super Pro bracket racing (bigshot solenoid) 8 hole per bar cheater plate. Hard hit override. I'm sure he produces his own 8 hole plate too. We are just mandated by DXP street rules, to use a NOS brand cheater plate. FastLane is real reasonably priced as well. We were surprised considering the fast cars he has on his systems.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
Well the cost must have gone up because 50.00 won't get them to pick up the phone.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Little Chief:
Well the cost must have gone up because 50.00 won't get them to pick up the phone.

Far from an authority on nitrous systems here, but I called Induction Solutions this week.

Answered on the second ring, spoke with me for 5 minutes. Called me back within 30 minutes and had everything I needed to know.

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I finally made a move and purchased the Cheater system from NOS. Hopefully I made a good decision and the install goes smoothly. I do plan on purchasing a single stage nitrous board from Leash electronics to tidy things up.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
I have been told that I need a 12-803 regulator for the fuel solenoid on my plate kit. I really don't care for the chrome look as it's not the look I am going for. Would prefer a black regulator to go with my theme. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My Aeromotive regulator is black.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5307 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Aeromotive (my preference) and Magnafuel sell black regulators, and this is a holley 803 clone I ran from jegs, worked perfectly:

https://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JE...tors/773419/10002/-1

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I used Holley 12-840. It's a billet regulator with a black housing and silver top part. I use a 12-843 for my carb and when I got the nitrous plate I got the 840 to match my other one as well as a Magnafuel 2-port fuel log to feed both regulators.

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post